Discuss becoming approved and signing of for fit payments ect in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

coxy84

hi guys
iv been looking into have decided to get into installing pv systems, i think its the way forward for my bussiness.
i understand the basics and will be going on a trainning course shortly.

i have a friend who is willing to have a system installed for my first install for becoming reg with the mcs.

my question is how does it work with regards to my friend qualifying for the FIT payments.

do i :-
do trainning
get all relavent doc's/info/procedures in place
do first install
get assesed
then once iv been approved my friend can appy for fit payments.

sorry if iv asked a stupid question
im just trying to get my head around it.

martin

Yes, that's correct. Your friend can only apply for the FiT payments from his energy provider once he has an MCS certificate for the installation. He would then get a FiT claim form from his energy provider and one of the things he has to fill in on the form is his MCS certificate number. This he can only receive once you are registered on the MCS scheme and have logged his installation on their website, which in turn generates his certificate. Best of luck if you go for it.

thank you! thats what i wanted to know?
is there any sort of time limit?
eg. say i failed my first accessment for what ever reason and need another visit

No there isnt a time limit, but the longer you take the less payments you will get (but a few months wont make much difference on a small system)

Dont forget, your mate will be benefiting from the electric the system is producing because you can connect it, but just not apply for FiT untill you sign it off.

Reply to becoming approved and signing of for fit payments ect in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net