Discuss Best price for new yellow regs book. in the What's the best price you can find for this? area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnstantine

Hi all. Just wondered what the best price is that people have paid for the new regs book and where from. Cheers. Also, strangely, the return button on my computer seems to have no effect in the post typing box (hence all on one paragraph).

If you press the A/A button (on the left) your enter/return function will work. I've noticed it happens only on certain browsers.

As for the regs book the price is pretty universal, unless your a member of the IET in which case you will receive a discount.

TLC do them for £65 and £3.90 delivery.

I looked at TLC after an email from them, it was £65 with no delivery charge.
I was going to buy but think I'll wait after reading the posts on here re the mistakes in it.
Trouble is, how do you know if you are buying a 1st print run or subsequent one?

Was all set to buy one of these yellow books myself, need one for around march time.
But after reading this might give it a miss!
Was going to flog the old books on fleabay - some one might buy them :hurray:have about £300 quids worth ,

But will now only buy books i require as cost of regs book is a total wind up, i am aware the fact that c&g lets you take it into certain exams , is a big reason why I bet a lot of people buy it.

But this time i buy it , i will definaltly start using it more than my other books , just to get moneys worth!

Just find it really difficult to navigate round ,but I guess the fact that it dosn't basically change that much , means that if I had of used it properly years ago , instead of the easy others ones ( on-site guide /AEEU type books ) I would know my way round it !

I blame the slackness of youth!

Was all set to buy one of these yellow books myself, need one for around march time.
Was going to flog the old books on fleabay - some one might buy them :hurray:have about £300 quids worth ,

But will now only buy books i require as cost of regs book is a total wind up, i am aware the fact that c&g lets you take it into certain exams , is a big reason why I bet a lot of people buy it.

But this time i buy it , i will definaltly start using it more than my other books , just to get moneys worth!

Just find it really difficult to navigate round ,but I guess the fact that it dosn't basically change that much , means that if I had of used it properly years ago , instead of the easy others ones ( on-site guide /AEEU type books ) I would know my way round it !

Got to take issue on your third paragraph, proper Electricians don't just buy BS 7671 to pass exams, they need it to work correctly.

mate of mine has all his books supplied by his firm. when he got his bgb, i had his brb. just waiting for him to get the byb, then i can have his bgb. as for the yellow thing. sod it. just a number changing exercise and the daft metal CU fiasco. anything else, i'll get off t'internet or on here. enough to be changing from periodicals to eicrs, still got 12 pir forms in the book. eicr, 9 pages? sod that. when ohms law changes, i'll change. dinosaurs rule . :49:

Oh dear!

Reply to Best price for new yellow regs book. in the What's the best price you can find for this? area at ElectriciansForums.net