Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

So Risteard, you do believe we can negotiate a better deal than Norway?
You do believe we will be spending £350 million per week on the NHS?
You don’t believe that companies have already moved their European head offices to other EU member states?

So Risteard, you do believe we can negotiate a better deal than Norway?
You do believe we will be spending £350 million per week on the NHS?
You don’t believe that companies have already moved their European head offices to other EU member states?
I disagree with your claim that the "remain" camp weren't full of lies. It's just that no-one has investigated this because they lost the referendum as they were always going to. I maintained for decades that if there was ever a referendum to leave the EU then the EU would be thrown in the bin. I was proved correct.

I disagree with your claim that the "remain" camp weren't full of lies. It's just that no-one has investigated this because they lost the referendum as they were always going to. I maintained for decades that if there was ever a referendum to leave the EU then the EU would be thrown in the bin. I was proved correct.
Are you someone who ignores facts?
Companies have already moved their European head offices to other EU member states.
Economic turmoil and uncertainty, is already here.
The Brexiteers are now saying that yes there will be economic turmoil and uncertainty
They use the analogy of moving home.
Thing is, we’re not moving home, we’re leaving our home and hoping to find another.
To date, car manufacturer’s are shutting down production or closing plants, the UK steel industry is about to collapse, the construction industry is in a slow down and anyone who exports to the EU is in a panic.

Do you admit that the "Remain" campaign was full of lies?
No.
How could something that never was be full of lies?
There was no ‘remain campaign’, instead there were a hodgepodge of politicians, ex-politicians and celebrity types bleating on about what might happen.

Unlike the Brexit campaign which made various claims and promises which have since been proved to be bogus.

No.
How could something that never was be full of lies?
There was no ‘remain campaign’, instead there were a hodgepodge of politicians, ex-politicians and celebrity types bleating on about what might happen.

Unlike the Brexit campaign which made various claims and promises which have since been proved to be bogus.
If you honestly think that then there's no helping you.

During the campaign, Farage stated categorically that a ‘no deal’ Brexit was not an option.
That the UK is the 5th largest economy and we will be able to broker a deal much better than the Norway deal.

Now Farage wants a ‘no deal’ Brexit.

I don't think anyone, including Farage wants 'no deal'.

What they're saying is that we actually need to negotiate hard with the EU, rather than just bending over for them. If that means we trade on WTO rules for a few months then so be it. It's clowns that want 'no deal taken off the table' who have completely undermined our negotiating position. It's almost like going to a customer to quote and saying "I need this job so badly and I won't walk away whatever you ask of me". You'd have to be short of a few brain cells to do it.

Yes, the Leave campaign was full of lies, but so was remain. I'm sure most people saw through the rubbish spouted on both sides though. Remain claimed that in the event of a Leave vote:

• There would be an immediate emergency budget
  • The economy would take an immediate hit and we'd go into recession
  • British immigration officials would be kicked out of Calais
  • The stock market would collapse
  • Job losses on a massive scale
All complete rubbish

Your all might be right, and you all might be wrong.

Truth is nobody knows what might happen if we leave; all we (I mean the large companies & conglomerates) know for certain, is what happens now, whilst we are in the EU. If we do leave only time will tell, if it was a good thing or not such a good thing. Thats why business are nervous; they don't like change.

As somebody mentioned before, the EU will not negotiate a 'better' deal, 'cos others might follow suit, its always gonna be on the shitty end of the stick. Thats something 'we' have to accept.

The only thing that bothers me if things get sticky for a while is the snowflake youth aspect off this country (not all of them obviously but a vast majority) at the moment they don’t have a lot of resilience or get up and go....

Could you imagine ‘conscription!’ Imagine the luggage alone!
Oh my!
The only thing that bothers me if things get sticky for a while is the snowflake youth aspect off this country (not all of them obviously but a vast majority) at the moment they don’t have a lot of resilience or get up and go....

I don't think anyone, including Farage wants 'no deal'.

What they're saying is that we actually need to negotiate hard with the EU, rather than just bending over for them. If that means we trade on WTO rules for a few months then so be it. It's clowns that want 'no deal taken off the table' who have completely undermined our negotiating position. It's almost like going to a customer to quote and saying "I need this job so badly and I won't walk away whatever you ask of me". You'd have to be short of a few brain cells to do it.

Yes, the Leave campaign was full of lies, but so was remain. I'm sure most people saw through the rubbish spouted on both sides though. Remain claimed that in the event of a Leave vote:

• There would be an immediate emergency budget
  • The economy would take an immediate hit and we'd go into recession
  • British immigration officials would be kicked out of Calais
  • The stock market would collapse
  • Job losses on a massive scale
All complete rubbish
Unfortunately it’s not all rubbish though.
Economy has already taken a hit, and we haven’t left yet.
Job losses are happening now, again we haven’t left yet.

So out of the 5 things you’ve cited, 2 have already started.
The Calais thing will happen unless we have a deal.
As for the other 2, we’ll have to wait and see.

You seem to be continuing the scaremongering, the border deal with France is external to the EU and the whole thing came about from a Mayor spouting crap in Calais to which the government was forced to make a statement that it would not happen.

Job losses.... place cite which ones you refer to, the world's economy is slowing down this leads to job losses regardless, even if you count all the job losses in recent yrs the employment levels are still record highs, every time we see a company on the brink the remainers blame brexit and they have been shown to be wrong on several occasions yet we still see it happening.

I remind you that the economy is growing faster now than the EU and I could explain in detail why if you request so, the UK has seen record foreign investment over the last few yrs where as the EU has declined, I have followed EU politics for 20yrs and trust me, we will be a lot better off out of it than in, of course when a country leaves a massive trade body there will be casualties but the long term benefits way out strip the short term hit.

I'm not sure if you recall but all the same bodies, predicting doomsday if we leave were the same ones that did the same if we did not join the Euro, oh and were they proved wrong, look at the state of the countries now under the Euro and the massive internal debts they are on coupled with the high unemployment rates...

I am all for listening to other opinions so please cite some examples to back your position up and I'll will reflect on them and also fill you in why remaining in the EU will drag us down with it.

But you have to accept we had a democratic vote (I voted to remain) and the small majority result was to leave. Blame those for your woes that could not be arsed to vote (28%) and the idiots (25k+) who ruined their ballot papers. Perhaps things might be different.

Thats democracy in action. If you don't uphold that, we spiral into other things. We might have ball'eds up, but thats life. The whole world is not in the EU.

I’m not sure what it is exactly Brexiteers hope to achieve?
There’s some talk about us regaining our sovereignty.
Something about stopping immigration.
Something else about having trade deals outside of the EU.

Regaining our sovereignty sounds all well and good, but really what does it mean?
At present, the EU (which we do have a say in) introduces laws and regulations, which our government then chooses whether to adopt.
Some we adopt, some we don’t.

As for immigration, the Tories won’t stop it, they need the immigrants to keep wages low.
Labour won’t stop it on moral grounds.

As for trade deals, it seems so far the only country that wants to trade with us, is the USA. All we have to do is lower our food health and hygiene standards (so we won’t be able to trade with the EU) and stop the cap we have on the cost of pharmaceuticals (so much for sovereignty).

You might want to do some more fact checking, the economy is in a better place than most EU countries despite all the buggering about from the politicians determined to stop Brexit and scare people in to backing down, here is a link explaining the situation in regards to employment since the referendum.
More people are in work since the Brexit vote - https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/

Since the Brexit referendum, there have been over 245,000 job losses from all areas of work.
Retail, banking, service, construction, manufacturing, etc.
I know of Carillion and the 20% increase in liquidation of construction firms, that sparked.
I know of car manufacturer’s that have closed plants, reduced production at plants and have decided to not build plants in the UK since the referendum.
The latest newsworthy job losses are from Jaimie’s Kitchens and British Steel.
Personally, I have seen a marked decrease in the number of job offers for Electricians.

how do you account for the fact that employment levels are at the highest since records began then?

You might want to do some more fact checking, the economy is in a better place than most EU countries despite all the buggering about from the politicians determined to stop Brexit and scare people in to backing down, here is a link explaining the situation in regards to employment since the referendum.
More people are in work since the Brexit vote - https://fullfact.org/economy/more-people-work-brexit-vote/
Brexit Job Loss Index: 224,585 Jobs Lost As Of 23 April 2019 - https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/brexit-index/

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net