Discuss Car Insurance for 18yo male in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I tried to get insured on my mates suburu £7500!!!!!!!!! (jap import)

dont just go on money supermarket or go compare as usually its cheaper to go on sites which arent on price comparison websites

I just re done my quote with all the same details as used for my £834.67, but instead of a 12month, I choose the 10month....its lowered the premium to £727.61!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand how it works, you get 1years ncb if you don't claim in the 10months, so surely they are giving away 2 frees months :s.....any ideas?

You can only use that 'year' with the same company - any other will see it as only 10 months, which isn't a year. If you renew with the same company chances are it'll be more expensive than shopping around, and it's basically 10 months of insurance down the drain because you still haven't got an extra year's NCB.
I've done it before, wished I hadn't, wouldn't do it again.

You can only use that 'year' with the same company - any other will see it as only 10 months, which isn't a year. If you renew with the same company chances are it'll be more expensive than shopping around, and it's basically 10 months of insurance down the drain because you still haven't got an extra year's NCB.
I've done it before, wished I hadn't, wouldn't do it again.

Admiral Bonus Accelerator Policy | Admiral Car Insurance UK

'What if I choose not to renew? If you want to leave Admiral after the 10 months (although we hope you'll want to stay with us) then don’t worry because we'll give you proof of the No Claims Bonus you have earned with us.'

Yeah they'll give you proof of 10 months no claims bonus. Insurers work on the number of years, not the number of '10 months' so it's effectively worthless.

Reply to Car Insurance for 18yo male in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net