Search the forum,

Discuss Certification of installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

i have just completed an installation where i have installed a second consumer unit to supply some small circuits to a kitchen and shed.this second consumer unit is fed from a spare circuit breaker in the main consumer unit and is rcd protected.i have tested all the circuits and everthing is ok.i am unsure how to fill in the certs.is the feed to the new unit classed as a distribution circuit or an extension of the circuits in the main unit.i was considering filling in two seperate eic.one for distribution to new consumer and one for new comsumer and circuits.if i did this would i put on the form"supply conductors" the feed cable size ie 6mm any help greatly appreciated.i need to get it right as i intend to use as a test job

This would be a sub board and will require two schedule forms with the test data. One for the single circuit on the supply board showing the details of distribution circuit, and the second "Sub Board - Fed from......" showing all of the circuits contained within.

THANKS FOR THAT,DOES THIS MEAN THAT ON THE EIC FOR THE SUB BOARD IN THE "MAIN SWITCH OR CIRCUIT BREAKER" SECTION THE SUPPLY CONDUCTOR SIZE WOULD BE 6mm and not 25mm as is the main supply

Not knowing what forms you use, but I use electronic versions. The EIC covers the supply (Main Incommer) and the top of each schedule there is also a box for the board main switch. As part of an EIC, you will have to detail the main supply, earthing and bonding, so start at the supply fuse and work through it logically.

Reply to Certification of installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net