Search the forum,

Discuss cooker in school staff room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

maffa ent

evening all, i'm after a bit of advice regarding extraction above free standing electric cooker?

it's going in a staff room in my son's school. they're gonna do baking etc in it.

does anyone know if it'll be required to have extraction, and guidance on things like distance to grid ceiling, etc?

specific regs, or simply engineering judgement and common sense?

ta,

I think you'll find that the school will have risk assessments in place for any electrical work to be undertaken.

Your first step is to contact the school's duty holder and take advice.

i'd like to approach the school with the required technical info, if possible.

I realise risk assessments will be in place for their procedures, and I'm sure I can fit mine in along with those, but surely their's won't include, for example, distances from surface of cooker hob to false ceiling?

Or items like that?

There are specific tiles you can get for suspended ceilings in kitchens, which will be cleanable, whereas standard tiles are not. If it's just for baking I can't imagine the cooker wrecking the ceiling too much, but I'd be interested in the "etc" - if the teachers are going to be frying up sausages every morning that might wreck the ceiling.
I'd probably suggest some kind of ventilation, together with considering other factors such as effectively turning that area into a kitchen, fire alarm system etc.

Reply to cooker in school staff room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back