Currently reading:
Copper lug crimper?

Discuss Copper lug crimper? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Looking for a copper lug crimper at a reasonable price, but no idea whats the best value for money?
Have a an insulated (red, blue, yellow) crimper already, but could do with an uninsulated copper lug crimper

Any best buys? Or ones to avoid like the plague?

Thanks in advance.

klauke are good. mine are 10mm to 50mm, about £70. crimp as a hex, but some prefer the ones that indent on the underside only.

klauke are good. mine are 10mm to 50mm, about £70. crimp as a hex, but some prefer the ones that indent on the underside only.

What model are yours. Looking at eddys own brand today they where £137 plus vat. Had to hire some in the end as mine have been borrowed out and not returned :6:

Sounds like a good tool Tel...wallet winced though lol...I think its my inner arkwright coming out....g g g g granville

Mate that's pretty good value for money, my wallet definitely winced when I bought my Cembre hydraulic ones ;). You can get some cheap and cheerfull ones that do up to 120mm it's a generic design, I'll have a look.

oops, tolod a lie. just looked at them, they're haupa, not klauke. haupa model 21 08 05.

mLLrv-WhWcdFjYUpM5H8goA.jpg

I mainly do domestic and occassional shop refit work, so its rare I go above 25mm2 and most of the time, I could see them being used for 10mm2 cables and even then not that often.
Reminds me...need to replace my wire strippers, have a cheap set and an expensive set and I get on better with the cheap set oddly enough, however they are showing signs of being....worn out...

They 10-120 mm are fine for 25-35 try a 120mm and you better be built like king kong to shut it.
i have a set of crimpers that do crimps from 2.5 bare to 16 mm bare.
not bad but could do with a longer handle for a bit more purchase

Elrick: £55 + £5 odd postage
Haupa Crimpers | eBay

Though seems the Chinese either have copied or manufacture parts for the above
6 - 50mm² Professional Electrical Cable Wire Lug Crimper Rotate Crimping Tool | eBay

Engrish instructions though...

HYDRAULIC 4/70MM LUG FERRULE CRIMPING BATTERY CRIMPERS TOOL CRIMPER | eBay << they get a surprisingly good review...tempted, especially as ebay are now doing - item you ordered or your money back...very tempting

Cant make my mind up between the haupa or the hydraulic ones as you say the hydraulics get a good write up

The company I used to work for had a hydraulic set similar to those on ebay. Not a cheap chinese version although the maker's name escapes me. Those cost around £800, so if the one's off ebay work, then they are a steal.

I bought one of these from ebay a year or so ago.
crimper.JPG
One issue with it is that when you put the dies together they do not form a perfect hexagon, so when the dies are fully closed and then released leave a flat knife edge on both sides of the lug. I also found that they did not crimp the lug tight enough on flexible cable such as starter motor cable.

I have now been looking at a Cembre or a CHT 185 from cable craft. Might have to save for a bit. :rolleyes2:

Reply to Copper lug crimper? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock