Discuss Decent Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought this was a good thread for me as I'm in the market go an alarm system. But it's just made things worse, so many choices. Like the idea of programming with a laptop.

I thought this was a good thread for me as I'm in the market go an alarm system. But it's just made things worse, so many choices. Like the idea of programming with a laptop.

lol i know what you mean! Need time to look at all models. Want it to look nice also, not just a flimsy ugly bit of plastic on full view.

Every installer has their own preference on manufacture....and as stated mine is Texecom, which a few of you seem to agree.....would suggest taking a look at their systems so you can way up against Galaxy, ade etc..... Welcome to Texecom

Would recommend the Texecom Premier Elite series also, you're now able to get kits that incorporate a wireless receiver - most basic being the Premier Elite 12-W kit (4 wired zones with 8 wireless devices) where you can have a wireless bell, fobs etc.

Another (cheaper) option would be a Scantronic 9651 panel, quite basic with 8 wired zones and Keypad comes with the panel - very easy to programme and pretty much bulletproof!

Ha, just looked to see what one i have at home. it is a Alto 2162 or 2164 with remote keypad. The wiring of the zones was a bit unusual to the norm, but it works and was installed about 8 years ago.

if your after ease of installation take a look at the Visonic range. You can get preprogrammed kits from them so mount it all on wall set the codes and away you go.

For residential installs i quite like the europlex signet panels now sold as siemens, unless you can buy them direct they will most likely be too pricey. Very easy to program with a laptop and cat5 crossover lead.

Reply to Decent Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net