Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So they are normal non-sealed boxes with some attempt to pot with resin or whatever?
Galv Tees with some form of resin poorly poured. Best thing about the job is the Wagos. Honestly I’ve spent a day trying to break this circuit down, from the R1R2 reading we estimate this circuit is about 250 metres long 2.5mm lighting circuit.

Hmm
meter.jpg

Was re-routing some fire alarm zone cables and found this inside mini trunking.
firecab.jpg

Losing the will to live. 2 of us spent a few weeks at a commercial site disconnecting/removing unsafe wiring and testing repairing what could be saved when a company opened a new depot in an older unused site.

Half of the site was separated to be rented out, so we split the circuits on that side into a new DB via a sub meter, all thoroughly tested and inspected as quite a number of shoddy/unsafe diy alterations had been carried out by the previous owners, a shame as the original ~50 year old installation was installed to an exemplary standard. All defects were removed or faulty circuits disconnected for future repair if they were needed, and the area was safe to use by the new tenants.

Back there today, new tenants moved in a week or 2 ago, and we are being contracted by the landlord to repair the lighting in the workshop area of the rented side as this was now required, previously disconnected by us due to unsafe switching alterations that led to shared neutrals, circuits from different mcbs linked and other serious defects.

One of the parts disconnected was this:
crap.jpg

When the wall was there there was a buried steel conduit going into and one going out of a socket. The wall was removed at some point, the conduits were cut at floor level and the singles were run buried direct in a chase to some wall sockets, the earth was by the metal back box touching the conduits. Of course there was now no earth continuity to any of the new sockets or the ongoing existing one after this alteration. There was enough sockets in the room from a fairly recent dado installation so these low level sockets were stripped out. I thought that would be the end of it.

sockettt.jpg

I was wrong again. A new stud wall has been fitted and the wiring shown above has been joined onto some singles, (I think one of the cut off ring legs pulled out of the butchered conduit) up the stud wall to a new socket position. No CPC either. I just couldn't believe it, I couldn't fu****g believe it.
fincrap.jpg

I don't know why I wasted my time removing the defects if they were going to be put back in even worse than before. I don't know where they planned to get the supply from as the entire circuit is chopped out at the other end.

Following on from yesterday’s post, look at the state of the cables buried ??. Wiska box is our new joints

Attachments

• ECFCB0EE-9CA5-46DC-B3DA-3BDC307ED78E.jpeg
    923.1 KB · Views: 107
  • A270C099-D035-40F2-B877-AACAC12B3488.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • A725460A-135E-4611-967F-2682B9C11788.jpeg
    919 KB · Views: 125
  • 3F593F30-98FE-47FF-8149-BE5B3FA80847.jpeg
    835.4 KB · Views: 141
what's the gland on top of the wiska box for. that will eventually let water in.

I do love the storm glands they are great, much better than the cw ones. @ChrisElectrical88 do you not use the wiska earthing plates or piranha nuts for the swa glands? They too make life soo much easier!
I normally will use the Piranha nuts mate, wholesalers run out though and this was sort of dropped on me yesterday. Banjos are bolted on the outside rear of the Wiska box, bit rough, but all I could do with what was available

@ChrisElectrical88 sounds typical of the wholesalers at the moment. All you can do is the best with what's available!
@westward10 Quite possibly not on the 308 size box I think you are right that is why the earth plates were created, but I'm sure I've used earth nuts on either the wiska or wago box of one size or another and they worked in the past.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock