Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’m not sure if this was the electrical contractors or the internal bodge squad (aka the projects team), but this was fitted in the last few months as part of a new working area to feed an external container with a double socket, and a few lights in SY. There’s a heater element in an IBC that seems to be supplied from somewhere else too.

Brand new Contactum enclosure with RCD main switch. Buying Contactum MCB’s at the same time was clearly much more difficult than butchering the enclosure to fit the Crabtree.
I’ve not fully traced it out but I think the D16 feeds an RCD double socket in the container, because whoever installed it hasn’t heard of selectivity either!

EDIT: I forgot to add the SWA supply from the other side of the plant is glanded onto a rotary isolator that’s then glanded to the Contactum enclosure, presumably with galv conduit but it’s basically flush so probably not given the quality on display. I’ve not opened anything up, mostly out of fear that things can only get worse underneath the veneer of crap.

BC447B85-861C-40C7-B08B-8C1E831417BC.jpeg

C9AB7DD1-B234-40FD-82B2-B48C8AC3D643.jpeg

Last edited:
On the same note, brand new board, couldn’t be bothered to get the correct fitting MCB.

Landlord said he had an EICR done a couple years ago and this wasn’t picked up then!
FFS it is not like they are hard to get or obsolete ones, I would imagine a 5 min trip to local Screwfix!

Also looks like the RCD's N fixing has been bent as screw appears no longer lined up to the access hole.

FFS it is not like they are hard to get or obsolete ones, I would imagine a 5 min trip to local Screwfix!

Also looks like the RCD's N fixing has been bent as screw appears no longer lined up to the access hole.
do you mean the L? it's the bent busbar that's causing that.

No buzz unfortunately I was just there to swap it for a non broken one! With installing & testing the new one I was there less than 20mins and Mr torqueey torque driver made sure I didn't do what they did!?

Another EICR with a dodgy RCD.
Power off, cover off, quick start with a visual.

Saw this straight away.
Tried to tighten it, but wouldn’t tighten at all. Assumed they’d put it behind the clamp, so pulled the tail out.
They’ve actually managed to somehow snap the clamp so it will not tighten, so it’s just been resting in there ever since.

FYI, house was newly built 2 years ago!

Attachments

• 08FA4DDA-FA31-4552-AFAA-2FDE25865D5C.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 2E86CB36-4032-4980-A095-350F6433158B.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 85
Another EICR with a dodgy RCD.
Power off, cover off, quick start with a visual.

Saw this straight away.
Tried to tighten it, but wouldn’t tighten at all. Assumed they’d put it behind the clamp, so pulled the tail out.
They’ve actually managed to somehow snap the clamp so it will not tighten, so it’s just been resting in there ever since.

FYI, house was newly built 2 years ago!
Ok.... so have you replaced it, or left them with the dodgy untight cable until you can replace?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock