Search the forum,

Discuss Does Single Phase Or Three Phase Require a Neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also, how does the neutral work on a phase system?
Single phase requires a neutral.
Where there is a neutral on 3 phase, it is usually there to allow one or more of the phases to be used as single phase.
For instance many machines are 3 phase, but will have single phase controls and indicator lights, another example would be where a 3 phase supply is used to feed three separate flats, each flat using one of the phases and a neutral.

Definetly yes, only three phase balanced load (motors) dont need one, that is very basic mate....
Because all of the elecktrickery is used up meaning there's nothing left to power the neutral. Single phase or unbalanced 3 phase systems don't use all the electrickery and need a neutral to send whats remaining back to the grid for recycling

Because all of the elecktrickery is used up meaning there's nothing left to power the neutral. Single phase or unbalanced 3 phase systems don't use all the electrickery and need a neutral to send whats remaining back to the grid for recycling
Well put, trev.

Looking at his other posts, it looks like someone still in college. Just asking a question.

Maybe it is time another board was created for people at college to ask questions, then hopefully they wouldn't receive abuse for some questions they ask.

Looking at his other posts, it looks like someone still in college. Just asking a question.

Maybe it is time another board was created for people at college to ask questions, then hopefully they wouldn't receive abuse for some questions they ask.
That was talked about a few weeks back, everyone agreed it would be a good idea but nothing happened

Still though. People shouldn't be so rude. Seeing that some of the guys who said the abuse are admins aswell? It's really embarrassing for the forum.

Unfortunately some folk don't always look at who has posted the question. Please don't let it put you off the forum as it is a good place to learn from and there are some very knowledgeable folk on here who will be more then happy to help you.

I am sure I have made similar comments in the past, I am ashamed to say. But would like to think I know better know.

Reply to Does Single Phase Or Three Phase Require a Neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock