Discuss Dome light switch will only work with doors open cannot get to work with just the on switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Brad-721

DIY
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2019 Toyota Landcruiser 79 series
Vdj79
My interior light only will work when doors open cannot get fit to work with just the on switch
I did trip the fuse when re wiring a new light and replaced the fuse but cannot find any other fuses blown or nothing
Why is there no power going through the wires when it’s switched onto the on

TL;DR
Help needed to get power to dome light and it not fuse
Normally you have to have a permanant positive and negative connection at the fitting for the light to work without the door open

That sounds like you are missing a wire at the light the switch would normally operate from the door switch in one position and from a permanant connection in the other position with a centre off position

Reply to Dome light switch will only work with doors open cannot get to work with just the on switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock