Currently reading:
Earth Fault Impedence

Discuss Earth Fault Impedence in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Loyal

Can anyone please explain what is the maximum earth fault loop impedance permitted for moulded case circuit breaker (MCCB)?
Also, BS 7671 says a disconnection time of 5 sec is allowed for breakers in distribution circuits. What is the difference between a distribution circuit and final circuit?

it depends on the rating of the protective device.

a distribution circuit is one that supplys another consumer unit or distribution board.
A final circuit is one that would supply the final equipment ( lighting, motors, appliances ect)

distribution circuit is a circuit suppling a c/u sub mains etc
final circuit is a circuit supplying like a light - socket - cooker - motor circuit it does exactly wot it says on the tin final circuit from c/u where it usualy has an end point :cool:

Thanks for help about the distribution circuits.

I undrstand that the values of Zs as mentioned in table 41.3 of BS 7671 are the same for MCB and MCCB, is it correct?

Also, Table 41.3 provides Zs for breakers up to 125A only. I need Zs for larger breakers (150A, 200A, 300A, etc). Where can I find Zs for the larger breakers?

Reply to Earth Fault Impedence in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock