Discuss EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate): editable PDF based on IET Model form in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
happysteve submitted a new resource:

EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate): editable PDF based on IET Model form - Looks just like the IET model form... but you can edit, save and print it in any PDF viewer.

This is an EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate), complete with Schedule of Inspections and General Schedule of Test Results, in the format of a PDF. You can fill out the details using any PDF reader. It is derived from, and pretty much identical to, the IET model forms, at: http://electrical.------.org/wiring-regulations/forms/2015-amd3-forms.cfm?type=pdf The only thing I have added is a "Ref" field in the top right of each page, for you to add a reference (e.g. invoice...

Read more about this resource...

I found that I could not save any data into this PDF or print it with any of the data in it. Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I downloaded acrobat reader. I then opened the PDF in acrobat reader and this allows you save and print whatever you write in the PDF.

Noticed other recent EIC reports having a section "schedule of items tested".
eg: NIC EIC
Is there some requirement for this?
The NICEIC's "schedule of items tested" looks like the equivalent of the "Schedule of Inspections" (pages 3 and 4 on the model forms).

Can you insert your own company logo?

Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (the free version). If you've got the posh (expensive) version, I think you can just add images anyway... Anyway, on the free version:

Click on the "signature" icon (looks like a fountain pen)
Click "add initials"
Select "image"
Find your logo on your hard drive

Now, as well as signing the form with your signature (which should be your actual signature), you can also sign it with your "initials" (which is your logo). After you add your signature or your logo, the form will no longer be editable (after you've saved it), so make sure this is the last thing you do.

Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat converts the image to black and white. But it's better than nothing :)

Hi, I've downloaded this and am using acrobat, I've partially filled it in but it will not let me save it to fill the rest in later. When I click on save or save as, the save box comes up but nothing in it, any help gratefully received

Reply to EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate): editable PDF based on IET Model form in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock