Discuss Eicr code for spurs within bathroom zone 2 but inside cabinet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

Eicr being undertaken, what code if any would you consider for this scinario

Small bathroom in a flat, with airing cupboard inside, no room for immersion and pump spurs (looks like spurs was inside airing cupboard at one point but cupboard has been made smaller to enlarge bathroom and left the spurs on the outside of the airing cupboard

The spurs sit at about 530mm from shower screen, so in zone 2, its a solid glass panel on that side of the shower enclosure so not accessible from this side

The spurs have been boxed inside a cabinet with a standard hinged door

Would you insist the hinges are removed and it is fixed with screws/chrome caps like a panel(removal for use with a tool only)
It does have a 24hr time clock inside so it will-have to be accessed from time to time

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

C3 IMO. as long as you consider that there is no danger involved.

Thats what I was thinking but just called Napit tech they were adamant in a cupboard equates to outside zones no code
Not advisable to have a socket in there though

Good enough for me

No need to remove hinges etc, just fit a lock that needs a key or a tool to open it.

You take the shower screen into account, ie, if it's a 600 screen then zone 2 starts at the end of the screen and wouldn't touch the cupboard.
If I've understood what you are saying.

Thats what I was thinking but just called Napit tech they were adamant in a cupboard equates to outside zones no code
Not advisable to have a socket in there though

Good enough for me
I agree with Napit. It's outside the zones (officially) if it's in an enclosure. Not going to win any awards, though.

Reply to Eicr code for spurs within bathroom zone 2 but inside cabinet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net