Discuss Elecsa brand being retired in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Had an email tosay saying the elecsa brand is being retired. Seems it was sent to all NICEIC sparks aswell.
They are moving all the elecsa firms over to NICEIC and focusing on the one brand.
So Stroma is on life support as is Elecsa.
Won't be long until it's NICEIC vs Napit.
I could seriously see the time come when the Government give certsure a monopoly on the schemes as they are well connected and have huge financial resources behind them.
Shall be interesting to see what certsure do next to grow market share further

Had an email tosay saying the elecsa brand is being retired. Seems it was sent to all NICEIC sparks aswell.
They are moving all the elecsa firms over to NICEIC and focusing on the one brand.
So Stroma is on life support as is Elecsa.
Won't be long until it's NICEIC vs Napit.
I could seriously see the time come when the Government give certsure a monopoly on the schemes as they are well connected and have huge financial resources behind them.
Shall be interesting to see what certsure do next to grow market share further
I think ECA own Certsure.

I've just got one of the letters in the post today (as well as the same by email). Not chuffed.

It says I don't need to remove ELECSA branding from my business until I'm ready to do so. Does that really mean I can carry on pretending I'm with ELECSA for years to come (I suspect not)? I've no interest in having new flyers, business cards etc printed with some new NICEIC logo, nor do I want to have to update my web site or stationary.

Probably the one reason I've not looked around at NAPIT (or others) in the past was to avoid these issues.

I've had the letter too , with all due respect to existing NIC contractors, when I registered I was aware of some local NIC A/Cs whose work was far from impressive,having seen it. So I chose to go with Elecsa for that reason mainly.

I'm quite pleased to be able to have the NIC logo, been with ELECSA since 2009 but when Certsure came along with NIC I kept thinking, they may as well call it all NIC.

Makes business sense with both being the same company. Thing is, with one or two government backed companies running the show I'd like to see some of the profits actually used to police the industry and weed out the dangerous cowboys. After all, isn't this all about safety? The only time any enforcement seems to happen is when its too late and someone is dead.

Reply to Elecsa brand being retired in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net