• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Electrical Improver seeking work in the Reading area. in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello

I’m an Electrical improver based in Reading.

I have * EAL Electrical Installation lv2
  • 17th Edition
  • Testing & Inspecting 2392
  • ECS
  • IPAF
  • Abrasive discs 2020 Ticket
  • Manual Handling 2020 Ticket
  • Working at height 2020 Ticket

All my experience has been commercial and industrial my last two jobs were a chemical plant in oxford doing 25mm conduit and containment. And a block of flats in Reading doing hallway containment Basket, Tray and risers. Last year i mainly was doing officers and a Mercedes garage and a factory refurbishment.

I have all my own tools and drive but my van is currently off the road needing a clutch and I’ve not worked in months due to COVID no jobs etc

cheers

David

Quote Reply

Have you tried looking through here.

Yes and no work there is no work out there for subcontracting it’s the worst I’ve seen it in my living history.

Yes and no work there is no work out there for subcontracting it’s the worst I’ve seen it in my living history.
Just the way of it at the moment.

Just the way of it at the moment.

Round my way which really isn’t that far from London I can get the train to London in under half an hour if I chose to work there which I wouldn’t I’d never drive in London.

I’ve seen JIB gold card sparks in London advertised for £13 -£14 it’s pathetic I could earn more in Reading as a Electrical Improver.

I’m an Electrical improver I’m normally on £15-£16hr. I’ve also seen labourer rates around my way (Reading) for £13-£14 even £15 ?? What’s that all about ?

I know of 2 employment agencies gone down and I also no of someone close to me who has committed suicide.

Round my way which really isn’t that far from London I can get the train to London in under half an hour if I chose to work there which I wouldn’t I’d never drive in London.

I’ve seen JIB gold card sparks in London advertised for £13 -£14 it’s pathetic I could earn more in Reading as a Electrical Improver.

I’m an Electrical improver I’m normally on £15-£16hr. I’ve also seen labourer rates around my way (Reading) for £13-£14 even £15 ?? What’s that all about ?

I know of 2 employment agencies gone down and I also no of someone close to me who has committed suicide.
If your finding it hard looking for work theres no point turning your nose up at paid work for slightly less. Not the right attitude IMO, some money is better than no money.

If your finding it hard looking for work theres no point turning your nose up at paid work for slightly less. Not the right attitude IMO, some money is better than no money.

For a start I’m not turning my nose up at work ?

Where did you get that from ?

Nice attitude you have there pal

Toodles

Hello

There seems to be a little confusion and some pseudo moralistic Virtue signalling going on to make people look good in front of their peers at my expense ?

At no point was I stating I wouldn’t work for a lower rate in a previous post I was just merely addressing the craziness of rates at the moment.

I have also worked for someone off this forum recently and that work was not turned away.

Cheers

Any Electrical Improver work in the Reading area I’m working but not doing Electrical work.

Cheers

Any non agency work out there subbing direct ie Electrical Improver work in the Reading area I’m working but not doing Electrical work. Cheers

Any Electrical Improver work in the Reading area paying more than General Labourer or Ipaf operator?

I have a lot of tickets now - Gotta catch them all.

Cheers

Hello

Electrical improver looking for work in the Reading area I’ve just finished a Builders merchants doing Containment, Wiring, Second Fixing and Testing start to finish.

• Own tools
  • Drills and SDS
  • Laser Level
  • ECS
  • up to level 2 qualifications.
  • Booking AM2 for later in the year.

** No I do not work away (Definition of away more than 1/2hr from Reading) I do not work in London.

cheers

I note the qualification you have put on your latest post, is this prompted by offers that have been made to you?

A bit of constructive criticism: your last paragraph could do with re wording, as it may put people off. It sounds a bit 'I won't do this and I won't do that'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical Improver seeking work in the Reading area. in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock