Currently reading:
Emergency lighting

Discuss Emergency lighting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Essex_

Hi,

We are carrying out some emergency lighting testing in a location which has huge levels of footfall. The emergency lighting is in a poor condition at best.

The UPS does not work as it should.

Hundreds of lights failed the 3 hour test.

No design ever carried out.

No log book for maintenance.

This is obviously just a taster. My question in particular is does this warrent an electrical danger certificate to be issued given the high amount of people at risk in the event of an emergency?

The customer is obviously addressing the safety aspect by having it tested in the first place
Present your report and your job is done

If the problems highlighted are not addressed then its a personal and moral decision for you to decide if you want to do anything other than what you are contracted to do

Danger notices are not an official form and have no legal standing,they are only your own rear covering bits of paper

My question in particular is does this warrent an electrical danger certificate to be issued given the high amount of people at risk in the event of an emergency?

Is it electrically dangerous or dose it not comply with BS5266? As above, complete an I&T and hand over your findings.

It does not comply with BS5266. My concern was the fact that it is a life saving installation with a lot of users.

Sounds like just build it into the report is the way to go then?

Your correct in backside covering, issue either scam or BS5266 testing cert, and state on certs to see attached non compliance or variation to the bs.
List all faulty em units by number location, stating failure or 3 hour discharge test.

Apart from the obvious answer, what is an electrical danger certificate? It sounds like something cooked up by the NIC to help scare people in to having work done.

Its just backside covering Dave....You test the em units, cert & list failures..Now down to customer to get works done. If he doesn`t, and things hit the fan, then you have covered yourself.

Reply to Emergency lighting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back