Discuss Need help with an emergency lighting question. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm currently working through the city and guilds 2396 design project and I'm stuck on an emergency lighting question. The question reads: "Emergency lighting in the plant-room (high risk task area) will be provided by self contained and maintained luminaires interspersed with the four luminaries shown on the lighting drawing. Determine the minimum amount of emergency fittings required to provide 15 lux. (Use relevant calculations and manufacturers’ information to determine this). Assume a working plane of 0.5 m."
The room in question is plant room measuring 4350mm by 2750mm, containing one main distribution board and four sub boards. I am unable to find any helpful manufactures information, and I'm unsure of what calculations are relevant to the question. Can someone please help me out?

Try Google for "emergency lighting photometric data and spacing tables" I think they've deliberately requested 15lux so that you have to calculate it rather than using the spacing tables.

Also try searching "emergency lighting design guide".

Sometimes on the Screwfix website the various light fittings have a manufacturer's data sheet pdf file link next to them, load them up and information such as the lumins per square metre are often included. If they're not on the Screwfix site the manufacturers own website often has them available.

Reply to Need help with an emergency lighting question. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hi little lost on a question for lvl 4 design verification Can anyone guide me to any calculations or formulas Its for a 4.35m x 2.8m plant room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys We have being asked to install some emergency lighting at a 3 storey HMO, the lighting has being designed and it’s basically being...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping to tap into the wealth of advice on here to help me solve my LED light issue. Background: Brought an expensive dimmerable LED...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock