Discuss First NAPIT Assessment since being transferred from STROMA - EICR's in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been full scope with STROMA and undertake EICR's in both a commercial and domestic setting, I have all quals, ins etc to undertake these

For my first assessment NAPIT's asessment check list is asking for 3 EICR's from each category from the past year

I am just a sole trader so some years I will do a few commercial EICR's some years I wont do any at all, but I need to have the full scope scheme

Does anybody know how they proceed in this case, It must be similiar for alot of one man bands

I cannot speak to anybody at Napit Till monday

They do seem to be most insistent on the precise paper work so no doubt they will wait for your EICR before full scope accreditation. Well anyway that has been my experience, they dot all the i's and cross the t's. I moved over from Stroma as well thank goodness. A lot of people thought I had something to do with those stomach bags, stomacare! The guy was throwing a lot of questions at me and was massively qualified and experienced, more so than me. But to be fair he was out to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I like @Vortigern have been moved over from Stroma to NAPIT this year, they were very stringent on seeing test reports for jobs.
I too was asked several technical questions, and not just from BS7671, some of which I ended up having to look in the building regs guide to answer.
The assessor was polite, very knowledgeable, he had been on the tools and was now in electrical design for large infrastructure projects. He was very thorough and also took pictures of the install he came out to look at.
They even wanted a list of jobs I had done over the last year to cross reference with those I had registered.
I was actually quite impressed with how well my work and I were scrutinized!
Sy

Ah yes that is also a good point! I had to lock off too and do several tests. Make sure you know your safe isolation procedure inside out too (if you don't already) especially if it's a 3phase installation you take them too!

Reply to First NAPIT Assessment since being transferred from STROMA - EICR's in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net