Discuss Form filling on site And invoice software in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

E.E.I

-
Reaction score
im looking at getting a tablet so I can fill out test certificates on site and maybe some invoicing software so I can also invoice at the end of the day. Also I find myself filling out certificates in my own time! When I'm starting to think I should be doing this in the customers time not mine, how do you guys feel about that? Is that wrong?

What tablets do you guys use iPad or samsung?

Does anyone use quickbooks or something similar? Usually I make PDFs but one of my subby's uses a software and looks pretty good.

I've seen quickbooks advertise that it also produces a vat record, I've not had to deal with VAT yet but I have gone past the threshold now and I will have to register.

I use icertifi for my certs but fill in a bit of at home, I charge accordingly for it though! I actually need to get a better invoice/quoting system I just make my own up through pages on the IPad.

Atm I write mine out on paper then fill them out online at home, Hellmooth if your typing them up on your phone/tablet would it not make sense to fill out the online certificate?

I use QuickBooks but not the web version but after 7 years use I couldn't work without it. As for certs I fill out using paper and a pen on-site and do it later at home.

As for doing it in your time, surely you charge for the certs so it's paid time?

How much are you charging for a cert? The cost of the cert is covered (couple quid). on the larger jobs and cu changes its factored in but MWC I don't usually put any extra time on

How much are you charging for a cert? The cost of the cert is covered (couple quid). on the larger jobs and cu changes its factored in but MWC I don't usually put any extra time on

If a customer asks you to do eicr and remedials on hourly rate would you charge something extra for certification.? Not a trick question just wondering?

Eicr I factor in the time for filling out the cert, so yes add a bit on to cover the time,

It's more utilising time on site to fill out the cert than rather get home and start working again

Reply to Form filling on site And invoice software in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net