Discuss Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
(TLDR Version Available - Bottom of the first post) :D

Hi people. :)

As some of you know I've been playing around with some forum themes / styles. (The colour schemes)

So if you scroll right to the bottom of the forum, all the way down, past all the content, and past the footer, you'll see a link which says "ElectriciansForums.net" next to a paintbrush.

Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed 1572798262906 - EletriciansForums.net

Click that and you'll get some options for colour schemes.

I've started to work on our Christmas theme. Thought the standard Green and Red one would be very apt. But then noticed it was a shocking colour scheme to play with so did a "Frozen" theme. So basically icey rather than green and red.

I've toned down the oranges around the main standard style. Mainly the quoted text box, and forum username box. That was a bit full on I admit. Just needed to get it done when I did it though. Now I've had a lazy day in I thought I'd improve on it.

Then there's also a Nighttime Reading one. Which I'm still working on and will come back to. Using sciences theories of having no blues in any of the colours (and that means actually in the colours that makeup a colour) should help you drift off. We associate blue with morning, and our minds don't shut off so easy.

Most phones and tablets now have automatic settings that tone down the screen brightness, and also colour hues, to match sundown. So I'd like to find a way to automatically do that based on where you are. That'll not be around the corner I don't think the technology is there yet but it wont be long. In the meantime people can select the nighttime reading option when they're in bed, and it'll not contribute to your dodgy sleep should you have any. :)

On the same note you should all set your notifications up well on your devices (do not disturb options) so that in the evening you're not being distracted with threads and posts on the forum. And save them for the morning instead.

So let me know what you think of the themes and what you think needs improving on or changing etc.

Keep this thread about the themes for me. :) (looking at you - you know who you are) ;)

NORMAL THEME

Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed 1572798943433 - EletriciansForums.net

CHRISTMAS GREEN AND RED THEME

Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed 1572799003438 - EletriciansForums.net

FROZEN - ICY CHRISTMAS THEME

Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed 1572799199913 - EletriciansForums.net

They all need some i's dotting and t's crossing and stuff but the guts are there.

I am sorting out some snow drifted on some menus and the logo etc. Maybe the odd santa had and christmas tree somewhere. :) :D :p

If anybody would like some themes making for other holidays, let me know. :) Be more than happy to knock something up.

TL;DR
New themes available on the forum! Scroll down to the bottom and click the paint brush to change them. :)
Last edited by a moderator:
For the xmas style, you need red, gold and green..... No sorry... that was the lyrics to Karma Chameleon....

Where did the radio button go for listening to Fix radio or whatever its called?
Maybe you could tap into one of the many Xmas themed radio stations on the web and we can listen to that.

Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed 1572806207269 - EletriciansForums.net

When you're on any forum page, it's in the sub-menu.

On a mobile that means you click the three bars / pull-out menu, and it'll be near the bottom.

It's still there though, and people use it too. :)

We'll be doing a lot more with FixRadio over the next few months. But that's for another thread. :)

You tried out some of the themes?

I just noticed something. I changed the theme on my laptop to the red/ green earlier. Just opened up on my iPhone and that’s changed too.

That’s clever
Yup. You can start posting on one device, leave the thread, open it on another, and it'll appear for you ;)

You can even do it with new threads (so first post) of your own too. Just click the little save icon in a new thread, and it'll load the one you closed down on another device somewhere.

Saves every 15 seconds of your typing, for 24 hours. (We cover a power cut and that's about it lol)

I’ve got the Christmas one going right now, like it but needs snowballs and Father Christmas love the frozen one but the song really annoys me so changed to the Christmas one and have now put the tree up, the sandy one can you wait till summer

I’ve got the Christmas one going right now, like it but needs snowballs and Father Christmas love the frozen one but the song really annoys me so changed to the Christmas one and have now put the tree up, the sandy one can you wait till summer
You really got the tree up already?!?!!

I'm working on the snow this week. ;)

The theme will be switched as the default one on 1st December though, to coincide with a Christmas Advent Calendar Competition.

It's only just November and you lot are prattling on about Xmas already. Can we at least get rememberance day done before we start harping on about the festering spirit?

@Strima the Scrooge!
Yes, don’t say anything in September or october.... but sure, it’s november now. Let’s go for it!

“Don’t mention Christmas.... we’ve not had Halloween!”
“Don’t mention Christmas.... we’ve not had guy fawkes yet!”

“Don’t mention Christmas..... general election first!”

Easter eggs in November though? Really?. We’ve not had Christmas yet

I like the green and red, traditional, but not the stripes on the electricians forum letters.
Are you viewing it on a mobile by any chance?

I was going for candy. But I'm terrible with Photoshop. So you're lucky it seven says the forum name in it still. Wrote many swear words whilst trying to do it.

I'm dreading sorting the snow out but I've said I'm doing it that many times now I'm gonna have to lol

Reply to Forum Themes: Christmas (Green and Red), 'Frozen' (Blues), Nighttime Reading, and Standard - All changed in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock