Discuss Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mattyi26

Hi All,

Not posted on here for a few years! I have a question that i hope someone can clarify.

I need help understanding the differences between a full cert and a minor, correct me if im wrong a minor is for jobs that are non notifiable and full for special locations and notifiable works. So if i carry out both notifiable works and minor do i fill out both?
Can i do it any other way?

I recently joined Stroma and in the process of setting up my e-cert software so if anyone can tell me what they think of it?, Ihave done 2 jobs since registering which have both been consumer unit upgrades to 17th amend 3 and have used the generic IET certs hand written But How do i fill this out if just doing for example;

Adding 1 extra circuit in a special location;

Full cert with all 5 pages filled out? With the page schedule of test results only containing the 1 extra circuit i have added? How far do i go with the check sheets? Everything or anything that does not comply to current regs/amendment do i record on it?

If anyone can explain how they do it regarding different types of jobs?

Hope ive explained myself properly but cant find a simple answer on this!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Being notifiable under part P has no bearing on the type of certificate you issue. Part P and its notifications is completely separate from bs7671 and its certificates.

An alteration to one existing circuit requires a minor works, alteration to multiple circuits or installation of a new circuit requires an EIC

Thats why im asking as im unsure if im filling out exactly what is needed or not? Am i not doing enough or am i doing to much for what is required?

In theory yes, but there comes a point where that becomes ridiculous to the point of absurdity.

Think that's where the word SCAM comes from Dave, if you can join with not knowing which cert to issue, it's a sad day at the office. IMO anyway

O{. it's pretty simple really. if all you are doing is altering or extending an existing circuit, use a MWC. anything more, then it's a full EIC, what's difficult about that?

Or a MNWC with multiple circuits

I'm not really sure what you mean by that one unless it's that NAPIT invention of a multiple circuit Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate. There certainly isn't one like that in the BS7671 Model Forms.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that one unless it's that NAPIT invention of a multiple circuit Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate. There certainly isn't one like that in the BS7671 Model Forms.

true, but a MWC only needs to be based on that shown in BS7671 and a single MWC for alterations to 2 or 3 circuits is, IMO, acceptable.

true, but a MWC only needs to be based on that shown in BS7671 and a single MWC for alterations to 2 or 3 circuits is, IMO, acceptable.

I wasn't trying to suggest that it's necessarily prohibited - I was just trying to establish if that was the form being referred to.

AFAIK it is only a NAPIT invention. I don't think it's available elsewhere (although I may be mistaken).

It's all very well debating about the different variations of certificates the scams might have dreamed up, the point is, how have STROMA let this guy in when he obviously has no idea what he is doing, when it comes to issuing certificates. Hopefully he may be better at the practical side of things. I take the point about apprenticeships, but this is area is covered in most of the accepted courses that have been recognised for years. I find it quite staggering that someone who is changing CU's has no idea of the certification required.
This is typical of STROMA, spending 20 mins farting about trying to get a lock off device on a CU before taking the cover of, and not being bothered about what is really important, which speaks volumes about what they are really about.

Reply to Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock