Discuss G99-SGI-3 4.4 kw set export limit phase to neutral loop impedance test on site in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
G99 SGI-3 4.4 kw set export limit phase to neutral loop impedance test on site

0.309 ohms and dno max being 180 m ohms or 0.018 ohms so site reading are well over the top or is this not unuall for 1950 lead cable TN-s

Please start in the begining so that we are on the same paper. We know you are testing, but please explain what you are trying to achieve.
Is 0.309 ohms or 309 m ohms high read for phase to neutral loop impedance from site Consumer unit back to sec of DNO transformer and indication of cable fault and or fault hard ware. services head is in good order as far as i can see on indication over heating meter and tall too TN-S lead sheaved service cable 1950 install. just look for feed back as my year have been spent work industrial generator install and testing with DNO supply transformer on site and if we fond these reading re checking of all cable - switch gear and so on will been started, and im right in saying ZE = 0.8 for TN-S earthing system

0.309 ohms seems like a perfectly reasonable loop impedance for a small supply. But you haven't specified what size of supply this is, the answer may be different for a 60A supply compare to an 800A supply!

I'm sure your posts make sense to you but you have the advantage of already knowing what it is supposed to say, it's a lot harder for us to understand them though. When you read through what you have written before you post it try to look at it as if you are reading it for the first time.
For example you post appears to say that the meter has overheated but I suspect you actually mean there is no sign of overheating.

no sign of overheating 60A supply as meter tall only 16 mm2 red and black but this not an indicator but as no fuse size ratting on the services head cut out i.e. 60/80 or 100 amp

SSE Microgen test paper work stating phase to neutral loop impedance must be 180 m ohms 0.018 ohms or less for G99 GSI-3 but no requirement to supply size

I don't get involved with solar but what does 180 m ohms 0.018 ohms mean, what is "m ohms".

so as i thought 0.309 ohms read from loop tester = 309 m ohms phase to neutral loop impedance and 0.471 ohms = 471 m ohms phase to earth loop impedance

Yes, but 180m is not 0.018 Ohms (in your original post).

Reply to G99-SGI-3 4.4 kw set export limit phase to neutral loop impedance test on site in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net