Discuss Gluing alarm cables to UPVC Window frames & Door architraves in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

would have been easier to fix/repair/replace the original wireless problem.

it's a try it and see. if it fades or is inappropriate, pull it off and start over.

Hello again telectrix,

I was trying to be polite.

I know that anything like `Blu-tac` - even if white would have to be applied like a putty and wider than the diameter of the cables.

The `White` colour would be nothing like the brilliant white of the UPVC - even the very white Alarm cable pvc insulation is not as white as the UPVC.

Chris

would have been easier to fix/repair/replace the original wireless problem.

Hello telectrix,

How would buying and installing about £500.00 worth of Burglar Alarm Kit be easier than gluing 4 x 150mm sections of Alarm detector cable around the shape of the Window frames / Door architraves ?

I have obviously alienated myself with some Members over my messages on this thread ?

I had hoped that I might have been `well thought of` on here as I participate solely to help Members with Heating and Plumbing questions having been helped previously with some Electrical questions.

Chris

Last edited:
Don't take it personally Chris. Good to have someone on board with your sort of knowledge re gas etc.

Remember a sense of humour as well though. I mean that in good faith.

Don't take it personally Chris. Good to have someone on board with your sort of knowledge re gas etc.

Remember a sense of humour as well though. I mean that in good faith.

Hello DPG,

Thanks for your message.

I do have a good sense of humour but I find it impossible to know whether some Members comments are serious or joking.

Especially when I receive replies which because of what I have described make no sense or are completely inappropriate in terms of actually something that anyone would do or try.

Thanks again for all of your messages.

Chris

Hello again ipf,

Another `Wind Up` ?

How could anyone use what You are suggesting to run Alarm cables around the shape of Window frames and Door architraves.

What I keep describing cannot possibly be being constantly misunderstood by the Professional Tradesmen / Tradeswomen on here.

Chris

Flexible conduit? Kopex!? (It’s a joke btw)

Hello DPG,

Thanks for your message.

I do have a good sense of humour but I find it impossible to know whether some Members comments are serious or joking.

Especially when I receive replies which because of what I have described make no sense or are completely inappropriate in terms of actually something that anyone would do or try.

Thanks again for all of your messages.

Chris
Non gendered non discriminatory spongy sticky stuff......
a concise description of your brains? :D:D:D. you know it#s only banter.lol.

Hello All,

I am hoping to find a recommendation from members for a small tube of adhesive that is suitable for gluing Burglar Alarm detector cables to UPVC Window frames and Door architraves.

I don`t want to buy a Hot Glue gun and glue sticks as I only have 4 cables to run down quite detailed frames / door architraves.

Plus I have been told that although that type of adhesive does work when running the cables it does not hold them long term ?

I have thought about white Silicone mastic but only if there is no suitable small tube adhesive choice.

I have Googled: `Security cable adhesive` - `Security accessories glue` - Electrical cable adhesive / glue` - but I was finding adhesives which seemed to be designed to be used when jointing cables.

Can Members recommend a suitable adhesive - in a small tube hopefully ?

I am having to hard wire some Window / Door Magnetic contacts to my Home`s existing Alarm system because the Control box has stopped being able to receive the signals from my Wireless Detectors.

Previously the detectors were adhered to the Windows and Doors with strong hook & loop pads and there were only very short pieces of Bell wire running between the Wireless detector and the Magnetic contact on the Window frames / Door architraves.

Thanks in advance for any help / recommendations.

Chris
Are you for real?0

It's "glueing".
I have really enjoyed this thread, for the originality of thinking and the amusing responses, and am sorry to realise that it is in fact a wind-up...
but honestly...the greatest brains in the world couldn't solve this one to the OP's satisfaction! For that reason...
I'm out!

Hello matt4321,

I have mentioned a few times that I only have 4 x 150mm sections of the Alarm cable to glue to the Window frames and Door architraves - total cable length 600mm.

I have been hoping for a recommendation for a small tube of adhesive - not because of cost but because I would have no further use for something like `Tec7`.

I don`t have any outstanding `DIY jobs` at my home where I could use a mastic gun cartridge size tube of any adhesive.

I am going to buy some Superglue to put onto an offcut of Alarm cable to see whether it will degrade / melt the pvc insulation as that would be very easy to use on the frames / architraves.

I apologise to Members - I should have done that before posting this thread on the Forum.

Chris
Superglue might not melt the cable, but it might melt the upvc frame and it's quite hard to contain, you risk marking the frames.
Beside which you'll never be able to hold the cable in place satisfactorily while it sets/dries. I wouldn't use it, but then even though I'm mean, I wouldn't worry about having a few quids worth of materials left if the job went well, and beside which a glue gun is a staple part of a toolkit for any trade. (I use mine at least once every 3 or 4 years)

Reply to Gluing alarm cables to UPVC Window frames & Door architraves in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock