Discuss going to join NICEIC or eca in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jutty

hiya people this is my first post, been a sparky now for 5 years and its time to go out on my own....phoned up the NICEIC in the week and im going to book it next week just got to finish off a job at home for them to inspect, what happened on the day of your inspection, how long did it go on for and what was you asked? would just like a little insight in to whats going to happen on the day

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

I take it this is for DI status.

Well you'll need to show
1, BS7671
2, OSG
3, Copy of part P document
4, Proof of £2000,000 PL insurance
5, Customer complaints log
6, Health & Safety policy (even if you are a one man band)
7, EIC / MWC correctly filled out for the 2 installation works your showing.
8, Calbration certs for test equipment.
9, Copy of EAWR
10, list of cert numbers issued to addresses (last assessment I had to show this, it's simple with easycert software).

You'll be asked to show competancy in testing the two jobs & the results will be checked against the certs you show him.
You'll be watched to ensure you carry out safe isolation.

Questions:
They will be about the work you are showing & involve the regs / osg, amongst other things last time out I was asked why osg & 7671 max zs's differ & about rcd dissconnection times under test as I'd used a TT system cu change with 100mA s type & 30mA rcd's as assessment work.

If one of your jobs is a cu change make sure the top plain of the cu meets IP4x my assessor has checked this on all assessments to date.

The assessment will take a couple of hours & dont be afraid to ask questions, the assessor isnt there to trip you up....after all the scheme operators want your money so want you in the club so's to speak.
Offer him a brew & all will be well.

MY next assessment is due in March.

Any other questions just ask.

thanks for the reply,which is the better body to join in your opinion?

I take it this is for DI status.

Well you'll need to show
1, BS7671
2, OSG
3, Copy of part P document
4, Proof of £2000,000 PL insurance
5, Customer complaints log
6, Health & Safety policy (even if you are a one man band)
7, EIC / MWC correctly filled out for the 2 installation works your showing.
8, Calbration certs for test equipment.
9, Copy of EAWR
10, list of cert numbers issued to addresses (last assessment I had to show this, it's simple with easycert software).

You'll be asked to show competancy in testing the two jobs & the results will be checked against the certs you show him.
You'll be watched to ensure you carry out safe isolation.

Questions:
They will be about the work you are showing & involve the regs / osg, amongst other things last time out I was asked why osg & 7671 max zs's differ & about rcd dissconnection times under test as I'd used a TT system cu change with 100mA s type & 30mA rcd's as assessment work.

If one of your jobs is a cu change make sure the top plain of the cu meets IP4x my assessor has checked this on all assessments to date.

The assessment will take a couple of hours & dont be afraid to ask questions, the assessor isnt there to trip you up....after all the scheme operators want your money so want you in the club so's to speak.
Offer him a brew & all will be well.

MY next assessment is due in March.

Any other questions just ask.

got most of that except part p doc.

me and my mate are in the process of starting up and are about to arrange the nic.

we plan to show him a partial rewire at my house......... the only bit i didnt do was the kitchen as im putting a new one in next year and will rewire it then.
the next job will be a mains change at my mates house.

can some one steer me on this one
where conduit is to be installed in agricultral installations where vehicles and machine operates
it should be afforded protection rating to withstand ( 2j 3j 4j 5j )
where in the regs can I find the answer

can some one steer me on this one
where conduit is to be installed in agricultral installations where vehicles and machine operates
it should be afforded protection rating to withstand ( 2j 3j 4j 5j )
where in the regs can I find the answer

You might want to start a new thread for this query.

This isn't really the correct place for it.:)

City & Guilds 2392-10 fundamental Course

Ive just sat my City & Guilds 2392-10 fundamental Course fail
what gets my goat one teacher to 7 electrician, so don't do what most of the electricians did worked in
threes I was the odd one out and hence i felt like a bloody C ,shunt
he never took my through THE full Monty So after that my head is just coming out my ----
in the exam , I though i was doing my 2391 !!!! 10 Questions on TT systems Heavy ones
plus the fact the course notes we where handed out did not match
anything City & Guilds where asking me , old Answers from 16th

how long have i got for a re-sit on weeks

i have some downloads to help electricians / some Questions / Answers
are they any place i could upload to the forum to help electricians :

Reply to going to join NICEIC or eca in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock