• Thread starter BristolSpark
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K

Currently reading:
hallogen cookers

Discuss hallogen cookers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BristolSpark

anyone dealt with one before. Got a situation with one now. There is a double socket behind cooker fed from 32a mcb. The existing cooker runs from this on a 13a plug, fine with no problems.

The customer needs a cooker point or cooker outlet plate installed, before currys will install cooker.

Cant run fresh supply to many restarints.

Cant just change the socket over for a outlet plate as its a double socket flush.

Was thinking of crimping some 2.5mm to the two legs of socket run it up behind cooker to the tiled wall in trunking, fit a surface cooker switch then run 4mm back down the wall in trunking to an outlet plate. currys can then install.

dont know watts on new cooker but its hallogen, cant see what existing one is either. but like I said it runs fine on 13a plug.

any thoughts or opinions for me would be great

Not sure how to approach this now

I ended removing the the double the socket, adding a cooker switch plus an outlet plate, all fed from 32A mcb. I told the customer although her previous cooker worked fine on the 13amp plug the new cooker may be a higher load. So if they have any problems with tripping then I would advise them to have a deidicated cooker supply installed.

They were happy with that as it kept there costs down.

i personally would have left it all as it was until you had the required information as i what you have done is pointless if the cable supplying the circuit isnt up to the job ;)

Reply to hallogen cookers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock