Discuss Help !!! Main switch tripping in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparky1966

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I am being stupid with this ( its late and i'm very tired)

Still learning and have had a call from a customer that their main switch (not mcbs) keeps tripping everytime they plug in a hoover, heavy duty drill, microwave, kettle into the socket circuit (all the house sockets are on the same ring circuit - 32a type b 2.5mm cable). The socket circuit works with all other items plugged in ( tv, fridge etc)

It also trips when they turn on the shower which is on its own circuit (45a type b) 10mm cable.

I am presuming this is an overload problem?? without seeing it yet thats all the info i have.

Can anyone help me with this? Has anyone come across this before? Could it be something else?

I hope you can help

I would say that the main switch that they are reffering to is an RCD protecting multiple circuits. If so then i could be a number of things. The RCD would need to be tested first off to make sure it is working correctly.

a thorough test for leakage either on appliances or on the circuits. always difficult when you have an RCD/main switch for the whole installation. process of elimination . could be a combination of leakages taking the RCD above it's tripping threshold.

Reply to Help !!! Main switch tripping in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock