Discuss Honeywell security alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gas tech

Hello, I have an issue with my house alarm system. It is all Honeywell and its a couple of years old. My bell box is making no sound/noise when activated.the warning light is flashing underneath.

It's a reson 8 bell box, on inspection in the bell box the timer is set to Test. There is a little link on the test pins, when I remove the link and put it across either the 5,10 or 20 minutes the sounder alarm goes off and doesn't stop no matter what.

What is the problem here? Battery, break in one of the cables?
Thanks beforehand for any advice

Below is a picture of the timer set on test I'm on about

View attachment 36062

Can you supply a picture of the connections for the bell cable within the control panel?

I'd also take a look at that sticker on the chip... something expired in June 2016, it looks like WARRANTY.

Has it ever worked properly? If it was working, it could be it's simply failed and needs replacing. However, having just had a quick look at some instructions, the TEST link should be set to a time, which I believe is the time the unit will sound in the event of a loss of connection to the panel. You should be aware that with the cover off (tamper active), the unit will sound until the cover is replaced (and possibly the panel is reset).

I've not worked with Honeywell gear, so I'm guessing.

Thanks for the reply,
Yes Thats how I read it the link should be moved to one of the times. I have replaced the bell box for new, the picture is of the old one so I could swap it like for like.
I'm sure it was working before but how if it was set on the test link?
When I replace the panel on the bell box and reset the panel the sounder is still going full blast and non stop.

Reply to Honeywell security alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock