Discuss horizontal kitchen wiring under current regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

todd198126

Hi all, i just wanted to check up about the rules on horizontal kitchen wiring (from point to point) under current regs. As far as im aware this (at least) used to be acceptable, but i'm not 100% sure on the rules at present.

Can someone please confirm or deny that this is ok please. A great many thanks.

Yes that's fine provided it's in the safe zone.
Remember any wiring in a kitchen is notifyable unless carried out by a part P registered electrician.

In addition the the measured safe zones, vertical and horizontals from sockets, switches etc are deemed to be safe zones, therefore placing a row of sockets on a wall creates a safe zone between them.

Yes I meant notifyable to LABC; I assumed the OP was a DIYer from the nature of the question, but yes a part P electrician would send the minor works to their scheme provider.
I didn't consider SirKit's comment 'harsh' but thanks for your concern :)

In addition the the measured safe zones, vertical and horizontals from sockets, switches etc are deemed to be safe zones, therefore placing a row of sockets on a wall creates a safe zone between them.

Im sure i should, but i dont follow.:confused:

I think he meant to say an accessory on a wall creates safe zones vertically from floor to ceiling and horizontally from corner to corner from said accessory ;)

Reply to horizontal kitchen wiring under current regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We're currently in the process of getting a new kitchen fitted and I wanted to double check the new wiring that has been installed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock