Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss How many eicr in a day in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys whats your take of how many EICRs can be done properly in a day average of 5 to 8 circuits ranging from 1 bed flats to 3 bed houses?? This would also include travel and also doing any repairs whilst there?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Aico 3000
C

cloverman

-
You can't really foretell what faults you are going to find or repairs needed to put the installation in a satisfactory condition so very hard to judge unless you have some prior knowledge of installations you are attending.

bigspark17

bigspark17

-
Arms
I would say 2 semi detached 3 bed houses a day is achievable with report done including observation sheet. This would be testing only and no repairs unless very very minor.
£125-£150+vat per test.

M

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm asking as my work want us to move to 3 full tests a day (one lad likes to brag he can do 5 or more) but this also includes repairs like open circuits (in social housing so believe me tenants have lots of furniture or crap and aren't helpful at moving it) or smashed sockets etc.
I was thinking 2 a day and repairs would seem more logical

SparkyChick

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Based on my personal experience of social housing testers, when ever our place gets done the guy's in and out within the hour (might explain why they missed the open earth on one of the rings which I found approx. 7 years after it was first installed whilst changing the board as a result of a melty melty neutral bar).

davesparks

davesparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Hi guys whats your take of how many EICRs can be done properly in a day average of 5 to 8 circuits ranging from 1 bed flats to 3 bed houses?? This would also include travel and also doing any repairs whilst there?
How long is a piece of string?
If you are including repairs then I would say to do it properly one property per day, or possibly one property in two days if there are a lot of remedials to be done.

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
5 a day? No problem. Just drive by, sit in maccys car park to write up.

Even a team of two, doing two a day is pushing it.
quick visual, global IR to earth only.... ze, rcd tests, check switches work. Write down a lot of limitations cos you’re not moving furniture. Cup of tea, if the cups clean.....
I wouldn’t be signing any report done like that.

M

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad I'm not alone then in thinking its a load of tosh. I've never been happy with more than 2. I like to take my time make sure I observe everything and fill the cert in perfectly because at the end of the day its my name on it and if I rushed to get loads done and missed something and then something bad happened....would my company stand behind me...i got more chance of meeting churchill

davesparks

davesparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
I think the fastest EICR I have done was a vacant 1 bed flat recently which took only a couple of hours.
But it was completely empty, spotless and only 7 years old and only had a couple of C3s so received a satisfactory overall assessment.

I reckon I could have done 4 identical flats in the same building properly in a day if they were all empty and in good condition

Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
I did 2 today, one was a 5 bed HMO recently rewired, only 2 students left, property practically bare, could whip around testing at speed. Consumer Unit well wired and not messy. Started 9:30 finished by 1pm
Afternoon did an EICR on an empty 2 bed flat. again being empty I could test quite quickly. Started 1:15 finished just after 4pm This was a lot older with messy board and sockets that didnt like coming off with old mangled screws.
Spent an hour this evening finishing the reports, do most on site with the tablet using electraforn.
It can be done but is very much property specific and dependent on what you find when you arrive. if they are occupied then it can be slower.

R

radiohead

Esteemed
Arms
It also depends on what you call a day. I've found those who claim to do twice the realistic amount of work in a day are starting at 7am and finishing at 8pm. That's a day and a half, not a day.

Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Well I don't know about everyone else, but a complete EICR will take me two days, every box filled and all the documents printed, 100% test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many eicr in a day in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom