Currently reading:
Ir tests

Discuss Ir tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A value of 725 Mohms is well above the maximum that some testers read to (300Mohm) so that result is absolutely fine. If you were testing a new install and got 75 Mohms then I may be slightly concerned.
14 years is plenty of time to have got to 750 Mohm even if it did not start at that.

A value of 725 Mohms is well above the maximum that some testers read to (300Mohm) so that result is absolutely fine. If you were testing a new install and got 75 Mohms then I may be slightly concerned.
14 years is plenty of time to have got to 750 Mohm even if it did not start at that.

Absolutely. Don't worry about it Rob, you will see plenty lower on newer installs. :)

You're talking about 725,000,000 ohms - have you divided that into 230 volts to see what current leakage you're going to get?? - 0.0000003 Amps, I think.......shocking.:teeth_smile:

Reply to Ir tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back