Discuss JIB card advice needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JB1975 Do you fall into this category ?

(taken from the ECS card website)

Qualifications completed and certificated between 1[SUP]st[/SUP] January 1994 and 1st September 1999
The technical theory qualification, the City & Guilds 2360 (parts one and two)PLUS the AM2 assessment is needed. Bona fide references from previous and present employers covering the last three years will also be needed.
My situation is identical to the OP's, I fall into the category as above. Has anyone been graded approved without Nvq3.
Just recently found out my Nvq3 was never signed off back in 97 because I worked away the whole time. The JTL guy says you have to do it all again, pay ÂŁ1000 and they have to look at 3 jobs. I have the other usual quals, 236 part 1 and 2, 2391, 17th and AM2 and nearly 20 years in the game now and I feel like I'm being mugged.
Grandfather rights stopped a couple of years ago

My situation is identical to the OP's, I fall into the category as above. Has anyone been graded approved without Nvq3.
Just recently found out my Nvq3 was never signed off back in 97 because I worked away the whole time. The JTL guy says you have to do it all again, pay ÂŁ1000 and they have to look at 3 jobs. I have the other usual quals, 236 part 1 and 2, 2391, 17th and AM2 and nearly 20 years in the game now and I feel like I'm being mugged.
Grandfather rights stopped a couple of years ago

I took the above information off the ECS card website which I believe is up to date with it's information. If anyone knows any better please correct me.

ECS Card

If you got your quals in '97 then according to the website you should need the following to gain a JIB gold card:
  • 2360 parts 1 and 2
  • AM2
  • 17th edition quals
  • up to date H&S quals ECS Card
  • References from previous and present employers from last 3 years

I took the above information off the ECS card website which I believe is up to date with it's information. If anyone knows any better please correct me.

ECS Card

If you got your quals in '97 then according to the website you should need the following to gain a JIB gold card:
  • 2360 parts 1 and 2
  • AM2
  • 17th edition quals
  • up to date H&S quals ECS Card
  • References from previous and present employers from last 3 years
Cheers mate, I'll give them a ring on Monday. I'm due to pay 50% up front for the Nvq this week

once he has his NVQ LV3 he is in

but also try the other route with 2360 am 2 references etc as this to is also acceptable I believe
Dont ring email then you have everything in writing what they say

first few times I contacted them by phone and got nowhere like they didnt have time to explain then tried the email route and got al the answers i needed include the quals you got and experience they do respond promptly

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I told him but he said he would rather get his nvq 3 now, ah well ah well another cert cant do any harm can it ;)

why dont you drop the pretence that this topic is "for my husband"
;-)

you gave yourself away in the first post , never in a million years would a woman know exactly what her spark hubbies qualification titles are and have even the slightest interest in the workings of the jib / nvq system.

the charades over "sweetheart"

lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get over yourself of course I know what quals my husband has we been together for 12 years, your other half may not take an interest in what you do but thats your problem not mine - if it was for me I would have said because I would love to be able to be a spark there is not enough women in the trade

Seriously biff55 what is wrong with you?

For your information I write his cv's with him an I've done it more times than I care to remember

Last edited by a moderator:
Get over yourself of course I know what quals my husband has we been together for 12 years, your other half may not take an interest in what you do but thats your problem not mine - if it was for me I would have said because I would love to be able to be a spark there is not enough women in the trade

Seriously biff55 what is wrong with you?

good grief woman , i was just teasing , hence my cheeky wink within the post.
are you new to internet forums ?
hope santa brings you a sense of humour.
;-)

..... i was just teasing , hence my cheeky wink within the post.
are you new to internet forums ? hope santa brings you a sense of humour. ;-)

Your lucky that Glenn fella hasnt got his position as a mod for I fear you would be the first he would ban for that blatantly sexist and teasing remark!

No not new to forums im 35 and had my first pc when I was 17, but I apologise if it was a joke I just dont like people doubting my word especially over something so trivial as a little advice on behalf of my hubby

Reply to JIB card advice needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net