Discuss Job interview tomorrow in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bobster

As above, nerves are starting to kick in a little bit. Quite a big step up for me, would involve me looking after 12 sites in the north west for a large multi-national company.

Anyone got any tips for interviews. Having worked for the company I'm with now since serving my time, I haven't had much interview experience.

I know all the obvious: firm handshake, eye contact etc.... Suits ready hung up.

Show a lot of enthusiasm, dont lean forward and cross your arms across your body, as it can be seen as being intrusive or threatening, sit back and loosely hold you hands together in your lap, this shows that you are receptive to what is being said, and demonstrates confidence, and gives a more relaxed feeling towards you by the interviewer.
Don't do what i once did, and tell the Electrical Manager that he was an idiot (even though he was), i speak from experience, you will not get the job.
Dont tell them you play rugby etc, they are not too keen on being off sick due to sporting injuries.

Its always good to show a sense of humour.

The person interviewing you will make allowances for your nerves

Cheers and good luck, let us know how it goes,

Howard

i would imagine (from recent experience) they will be after 'proof' to the answers, eg, "have you ever improved a process in your workplace?", "yes, course i have", "tell me all about it in detail please".
"are you a good team player?" , "yeah, course i am", " give me an example of how you have demonstrated this"
if you can spout off good examples to these type of questions you should be good to go, it was readiness for these type of questions got me my current job with a global company 6 months ago,
good luck, and sit up straight!

Its an 'I can' attitude with everything you are asked.

There WILL be alot of competition for the job so be prepared with a folder full of your qualifications, references etc.

You will do what they want.
You will work when they want.
You want to be trained.
This is a career not a job.

Good luck.

if you say what alarm man has just said you will get a job at mcdonalds!

its better than calling him an idiot..:tongue:

mind called into maccy d's today,the quality of moron is slipping by the way..useless they are..didnt realise teeth were an optional extra these days,slaver arll ower,and it was luke warm at best..the food not the slaver

lol... i went to the one at thinford near spenny 2 weeks ago and "harry potter" served me my drinks minus a milkshake, then told me to go to bay 1, waited for food, out he came with food minus milkshake, any way off he goes to get shake and comes back to be told they missed a big tasty out of the bag...! FFS how hard is it to get a order correct, 2 mins later he surfaces with bag of large chips to say did it have bacon on ??? getting annoyed now!! off he toddles and come out 3 mins later with 1 big tasty , 1 large fries and a lareg coke to say sorry!! MORON'S!!!!

yes teeth and slaver seem to be the rage recently!! lol what maccy d did you go to so i can avoid!!

Reply to Job interview tomorrow in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock