Discuss Junction box in loft with added wagos to extend lighting. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have seen this in a loft and wondering if it is legal, the junction box is open of course.

also one cable (1.5mm flex connects to a 3amp labelled FCU to an extension lead).

it seemed the cables weren't able to fit as it was jam packed and someone added some wagos ontop.

Can i keep it like this or would this need to be rectified.

ThanksJunction box in loft with added wagos to extend lighting. Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 22.53.51 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
The added Wagos aren't necessarily a problem, but the missing cover, unsecured cables and damage to the sides of the enclosure most definitely are.
i took it off as i was wondering whether or not i can add to it. Did not even notice the damage on the left side till you mentioned them thanks! any recommendation on a wago box so i can sort this out? I just like wago they seem easy but they dont seem to have a box that would fit all this.

i took it off as i was wondering whether or not i can add to it. Did not even notice the damage on the left side till you mentioned them thanks! any recommendation on a wago box so i can sort this out? I just like wago they seem easy but they dont seem to have a box that would fit all this.
It looks like you may be able to get all those cables into a Wagobox XL

https://media.screwflix..com/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/178FT_P&$prodImageMedium$

That will take up to 12 individual lighting cables.

The original connector block JB looks like it was quite neat and tidy , but who ever made the later alterations using the wagos made a bit of an untidy mess

If it were my house (like a few others have said) I would re-do the JB in all wagos in a big wago box

Reply to Junction box in loft with added wagos to extend lighting. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock