Currently reading:
June 2011 2391 exam

Discuss June 2011 2391 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard

Did any of you sit it? I didn't think it was TOO bad, couple of questions I was a little unsure of but overall ok. How did you guys find it? I can never think of the bloddy questions afterwards!

The anxiety of the wait has hit me the first day after the exam, and still with me. The clock will tell but it's a case of have I got it or have not for the next month or two. We're all in it together fellas. Hope we get through and be back to tell our story. :)

Totally screwed up on that question then. It's so obvious when answers are in front of you, and you draw a complete blank at the time! I stated it would record an inaccurate reading for first answer, 2nd answer stated the entire length of the circuit will not be tested.....duurgh! live and learn I guess!

I know exactly what you mean!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by abingdonjon
Q5)
State three inspection checks that may be carried out on an armoured cable installation using the sense of touch?

Any answers?

Q11)
State the effect on measured values of insulation resisLance of a230 V circuit if an​
insulation resistance test is carried out

i) between live conductors to earth with a tungsten lamp in circuit

ii)between live conductors with a switched fused connection unit, having a
neon indicator. left in the off position.

Any answers?

Is that exactly how the question was written in i?

'Between live conductors to earth' could mean between L+N joined together to earth in which case the lamp would have no effect.

Not that I'm in any way suggesting ambiguity in a City & Guilds question!

Perfect example of me not reading the question properly. Funny how sometimes your brain only sees what it wants to see.. Of course the lamp would have no effect when testing to earth.
RTFQ!!!!!

just remember you will know if you have passed as soon as the letter hits the door mat, if its a big brown enverlope with reinforced cardboard its youre cetificate, if its just a letter its back in the books, thats the worst part for me, the studdy urrgggg!!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by abingdonjon
Q5)
State three inspection checks that may be carried out on an armoured cable installation using the sense of touch?

Any answers?

Q11)
State the effect on measured values of insulation resisLance of a230 V circuit if an​
insulation resistance test is carried out

i) between live conductors to earth with a tungsten lamp in circuit

ii)between live conductors with a switched fused connection unit, having a
neon indicator. left in the off position.

Any answers?

Is that exactly how the question was written in i?

'Between live conductors to earth' could mean between L+N joined together to earth in which case the lamp would have no effect.

Not that I'm in any way suggesting ambiguity in a City & Guilds question!

I agree that it means L+N - E , but even if it were just L-E, it wouldnt show a dead short . it would only do that if it were L-N.

A BS EN 60898 circuit breaker has an Icn of 10kA and an Ics rating of 6kA. State.
a) how the circuit breaker is likely to perform if the circuit developed a fault current of 8kA?
b) the likely operational condition of the circuit breaker following the fault?
c) the action that would need to be taken to ensure the circuit was protected should a similar fault occur in the future?

:mad: unsure on this one. Simple answers on a post card to help the penny drop pls.

(a) Icn is the maximum fault current a protection device can interupt safely so 8Ka on a 10Ka breaker will interupt safely without destruction.
(b) The breaker may no longer be fit for purpose and the protection should be changed.
(c) I assume the last question is asking to fit a protection device with an higher Icn

I think section 7 of the OSG carries this information, but I don't have a copy at hand to make sure. So I may have things about face, but I'm pretty sure that is it. I always get Icn and Ics mixed up lol

a) The device would interrupt the fault safely.b) The device would not be fit for continued service.c) A new device should be installed with an Icn rating of at least equal to the PFC where it is required to operate.Think of the n in Icn as 'knackered' -the device can interrupt the fault but then needs to be replaced.The s in Ics is 'service' and means that faults can be safely interrupted up to the Ics value without damaging the device.

a) The device would interrupt the fault safely.b) The device would not be fit for continued service.c) A new device should be installed with an Icn rating of at least equal to the PFC where it is required to operate.Think of the n in Icn as 'knackered' -the device can interrupt the fault but then needs to be replaced.The s in Ics is 'service' and means that faults can be safely interrupted up to the Ics value without damaging the device.

Cheers IQ I will remember that as I always have to stop and think which one is which and mostly get it wrong ........it's not true you know mate what they say about you behind you back on here........:eek:mg_smile:

Cheers IQ I will remember that as I always have to stop and think which one is which and mostly get it wrong ........it's not true you know mate what they say about you behind you back on here........:eek:mg_smile:
It's all true!I apologise for the lack of paragraphs on my posts, everything sent through my iPhone ends up as one continuous rambling!

Hi I took the June 2391, could not remember any questions, came out of exam with a complete blank.

Felt confident of passing when I packed away to leave room though.

I took red, brown, blue, yellow and green pens I was expecting an earth fault path diagram did not need them, gutted.

33 days to go?

List [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]four [/FONT][/FONT]actions to be taken by the inspector to ensure the safety of the community
centre staff during the inspection and testing process

Where can I find this in the GN 3 please, I could have a stab at them, but I know how fussy they can be with the right wording.

List [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]four [/FONT][/FONT]actions to be taken by the inspector to ensure the safety of the community
centre staff during the inspection and testing process

Where can I find this in the GN 3 please, I could have a stab at them, but I know how fussy they can be with the right wording.

1 The use of Barriers

2 Consider wander leads as a trip hazard

3 Never isolate lighting without permission and adequate warning

4 Ensure the entire installation is isolated from all sources of supply before disconnecting the earth conductor or any main protective bonding conductors.

There are many more but these will probably do you.

I really had not given good thought to trip hazards. It is exactly what I would do if I ran an extension lead when I plug my laptop into a machine at work, haha.
It's general hazards, common sense and isolation. Once again IQ, thank you.

Exam creeping closer, sitting on 21st July 2011.

Stay cool and you'll be fine!

I really had not given good thought to trip hazards. It is exactly what I would do if I ran an extension lead when I plug my laptop into a machine at work, haha.
It's general hazards, common sense and isolation. Once again IQ, thank you.

Exam creeping closer, sitting on 21st July 2011.
Is your course the same week? I am starting the course on the 18th and have the exam on the 21st. So, to answer my own stupid question, there must be an exam once a month, that would put me at a disadvantage in terms of revision time wouldnt it?

Is your course the same week? I am starting the course on the 18th and have the exam on the 21st. So, to answer my own stupid question, there must be an exam once a month, that would put me at a disadvantage in terms of revision time wouldnt it?

There's normally only 6 examination dates per year, there is no September or November exam this year.

Reply to June 2011 2391 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock