Discuss Looking for engs who can demonstrate experience working on live DC in datacentres in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MrData

Hi one and all - 1st post from me, and it's something of an appeal;

Although our company background is in data cabling - we started off specilaising in fibre - we have one big customer who has been instrumental in our development across the board, to the point where after many years, we're certified installers for several structured cabling manufacturers, we have 17th edition electricians on the books, and when it comes to datacentre cabling, there's not a lot we don't step up to with the exception of HV.

Our problem is that there's one area we need to take on, which is making the final hook-up of 50v DC feeds to the live BDFB. We've been running in the dead cable from the BDFB to the isolator, and on to the equipment, carrying out insulation resistance, polarity & continuity tests etc for years. We want to take on the live hook-ups, but the customer won't consider it unless we can show we have experience of working on live DC in a datacentre environment. Our electricians have plenty of experience, but not in this area.

We've established there's no formal qualification in this area, and it really comes down to on the job experience.

What I'm looking for is a few people prepared to take on occasional contract work, working alongside us on site. All the installs have to happen between 00:00 and 06:00, and are mostly in Central London and the SE, with a few scattered across the rest of the UK. Each job would require 2 engineers who our customer is satisfied are competent individuals.

I've seen many CVs over the last few weeks, lots of which show experience of working on DC cabling, but precious few that I can wave under our client's nose to say "look at this guy, he's been working on live DC for years".

If you're interested, and would be prepared to put together a brief competency statement, showing how much experience you have in the area, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Pete Adkins
Gem Cable
[email protected]

Reply to Looking for engs who can demonstrate experience working on live DC in datacentres in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock