Discuss Mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

12345aob

Can you still install mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? I fitted one the other month but a fellow spark just told me they now have to be low voltage?

Out side of zones 1 and 2 they are fine. you are now aloud a socket point 3m away from zone 1. Don't forget 30ma protection

Which is mad because you try telling a women with a hairdryer with a 3m flex on it you can't use it in the bath

Last edited by a moderator:
if fan is ipx4 or above as most are they are fine
ipx5 if jets are used for cleaning

Last edited by a moderator:
Showers aren't low voltage are they......:D

And as previously said socket outlets are now permitted.:rolleyes:
Personally I think that's bonkers but who am I.:D

To clarify the above it was my understanding that 230v fans can be installed in zone 1 as long as its IP rated AND has 30ma protection

To clarify the above it was my understanding that 230v fans can be installed in zone 1 as long as its IP rated AND has 30ma protection

I agree with the above and would add that they should also be recomended as suitable by the manufacturer for that location, additional to having the correct IP rating

No problem in zone 1 701.55 refers and mentions ventilation equipment must be permanent fixture suitable for locations and in accordance with manufacturers instructions

Chris

ScottF there were sockets in a police locker/ changing room. There had been an electric shower installed in on of the cubicals and so making the whole area a special location.
The sockets were about 6m away round a corner but neverless in a special location:D

Since when have sockets been allowed within 3 mtrs, this was on a thread recently and the verdict was outside 3 mtrs only and i think jason was in agreement with that....so go careful

ScottF there were sockets in a police locker/ changing room. There had been an electric shower installed in on of the cubicals and so making the whole area a special location.
The sockets were about 6m away round a corner but neverless in a special location:D

Where there Special Police in this Special location :D

Reply to Mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock