Discuss Max Ze for TT system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

What was it you said:

"I got a bite! A big one! C'mon lads, get the landing net out ready, this one's gonna be a wriggler!"

Sorry that I'm not interested in winning popularity contests and taking sides in petty arguements.

Neither am I?

I thanked everyone on the thread especially those 'wirepuller' & 'Engineer 54' whose advice I followed and which resolved my situation and in fact got me extra work.

Huh? That's like saying you support Tottenham and Chelsea at the same time? Is it even possible???

However if this leaves you feeling a little under appreciated:

I'm not after your appreciation, nor you patronisation, just the loosening up of your humour belt. We're not here to hate on each other, we're here to offer each other advice and at the same time have a laugh without the fear of having our professional opinions being denounced as drivel. Chill out man!

Sorry if I've upset the apple cart gents.

I just find it strange that my singling out of the two individuals whose advice I followed was questioned.

Indeed as my original post clarified "TT virgin" my knowledge on TT is limited and has now been enlightened somewhat.

The end result is I learned and won extra business. Both of which I am thankful for.

It appears that I have affronted one of the inner circle and the wagons are circling so before this gets silly.

Once again thanks for the lessons and the input.

Best regards to you all.

Sorry to be thick, but how does an upstream s,type provide more protection, unless you nail the tails ?
Regards

It will provide backup in the unlikely...(although some would argue likely)...event of the 30ma RCD failing to trip on an earth fault.After all on a 'normal' uk TT system with an Ra exceeding that which will operate an OCPD you are completely reliant on a single RCD for earth fault protection.

I just find it strange that my singling out of the two individuals whose advice I followed was questioned.

It appears that I have affronted one of the inner circle and the wagons are circling so before this gets silly.

Best regards to you all.

Not at all, it was referring to other valued posters/posts as "Drivel" which comes across badly

It wasn't your singling out of Eng and WP I was questioning, it was the ommission of regognition for the other contributors to the thread and instead, referring to their opinions/advice as drivel .

It will provide backup in the unlikely...(although some would argue likely)...event of the 30ma RCD failing to trip on an earth fault.After all on a 'normal' uk TT system with an Ra exceeding that which will operate an OCPD you are completely reliant on a single RCD for earth fault protection.

And it is required when a metal CU/DB is used, it is TD (time delayed) to provide some discrimination to the final circuits 30mA devices so that it doesn't knock the whole lot off in the event of a fault

Indeed as my original post clarified "TT virgin" my knowledge on TT is limited and has now been enlightened somewhat.

The end result is I learned and won extra business. Both of which I am thankful for.

Best regards to you all.

To fill you in a little there have been some pretty hot debates on this historically. I am firmly in the camp of either get a STABLE TN value of Ra that will operate an OCPD...ie sub 1 ohm.....Or dont,in which case it matters not whether it is 20 ohms or 200 ohms as you are totally reliant on an RCD for earth fault protection,and said RCD will trip just the same at 20 ohms or 200 ohms.I'm also of the opinion that where such Ra values are the case the much hyped STABILITY is overated as we know that our 30ma RCD will be good up to 1667 ohms,which means a sub-200 ohms Ra will have to be UNSTABLE to the tune of 1447 ohms before we need to be concerned. Of couse those values would be less if we had a 100ma RCD as well,but you get my drift?

To fill you in a little there have been some pretty hot debates on this historically. I am firmly in the camp of either get a STABLE TN value of Ra that will operate an OCPD...ie sub 1 ohm.....Or dont,in which case it matters not whether it is 20 ohms or 200 ohms as you are totally reliant on an RCD for earth fault protection,and said RCD will trip just the same at 20 ohms or 200 ohms.I'm also of the opinion that where such Ra values are the case the much hyped STABILITY is overated as we know that our 30ma RCD will be good up to 1667 ohms,which means a sub-200 ohms Ra will have to be UNSTABLE to the tune of 1447 ohms before we need to be concerned. Of couse those values would be less if we had a 100ma RCD as well,but you get my drift?
Don't anyone say I didn't advocate the wearing of a safety helmet. Run for the bunkers the B52's will start bombing soon...

images

Reply to Max Ze for TT system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net