Search the forum,

Discuss membership in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

gawd, there's niceic, elecsa, napit, bsi, and stroma. take your pick, or if irish, take your shovel.

stroma thats the one i have been out of electrics for a while now and only did do bashing anyway have been a mechanic last few years and getting asked to now do some electical works via friends ect so going to register as part p installer as have outdoor electrics and ccu,s to install best i get my mft calibrated lol

I'm with Stroma Tuck.

They are definitely cheaper than the others by around £150 p/annum for your annual renewal. I'm not sure if they'll keep there price at £250(ex VAT) but at the moment it is still at that price.

The assessor I have is very thorough which I like and he will insist on you having the up to date literature (especially BS7671 and Part P approved document).

Heres a link to there website Competent Person Schemes (CPS) - Stroma

Also just type 'stroma' into the search bar on this forum and quite a lot of useful information will come up.

Until they put their prices up I will definitely stay with them.

Hi hippy

many thanks for that i will register in the new year with stroma as having not been doing bashing for a while now i am now getting enquiries for little jobs to do i have been working as a grease monkey for the last 2-3 years and really enjoy i was lucky enough to have a good friend who took me under there wing and has been working along side me i am now confident in mechanicle but auto electrics are a different issue i respect auto sparks who fault find as i have done some but you have really got to know your stuff and be good at diagrams and components

I'm with Stroma Tuck.

They are definitely cheaper than the others by around £150 p/annum for your annual renewal. I'm not sure if they'll keep there price at £250(ex VAT) but at the moment it is still at that price.

The assessor I have is very thorough which I like and he will insist on you having the up to date literature (especially BS7671 and Part P approved document).

Heres a link to there website Competent Person Schemes (CPS) - Stroma

Also just type 'stroma' into the search bar on this forum and quite a lot of useful information will come up.

Until they put their prices up I will definitely stay with them.

Hi
Why are some people who are registered nic not on the competent person schemes?

Thanks

Alex

I would use stroma to get you up and running, i know the nic does not force you to get your test kit calibrated, that's what I have been told.
It's nice to see the country picking up, wish you the best of luck.

Thanks

Alex

Hi
Why are some people who are registered nic not on the competent person schemes?

Thanks

Alex

I'm not too sure if I'm understanding you Alex? Registering with the NIC and being on the competent person scheme are the same thing! You register with NIC or Elecsa or Stroma etc and that means you are registered under their competent persons scheme to carry out and certfy work in domestic households that is contained with Part P of the bulding regs.

I'm not too sure if I'm understanding you Alex? Registering with the NIC and being on the competent person scheme are the same thing! You register with NIC or Elecsa or Stroma etc and that means you are registered under their competent persons scheme to carry out and certfy work in domestic households that is contained with Part P of the bulding regs.

Hi
I have picked random companies from the nic website and some don't seem to be registered under the competence person scheme, perhaps they found another way to become NIC Registered.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to membership in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back