Discuss Milwaukee M12 Impact Driver - Experiencies? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Been eyeing up getting an impact driver as the first tool for my power tool collection.

Live seen the M12 in a few Thomas Nagy's vid and feel I need over with the formfactor but I'm undersided on which system to go for;

DSES puts across a good argument for using Ryobi; very rarely used so having your batteries swiped is unlikely but i want something with a low profile so as not to take up a lot of space.

Next argument is which voltage? is 12v very good for most applications BR I'm thinking a 12v SDS won't last long.

Current best deal on thr M12 BID 202C (impact driver, 2 2Ah batteries and charger) looks to be FFX for ~140, anyone find better?

Nagy seems to like his Milwaukee gear and he uses it pretty every day.
If it wasn’t up to the job then he would say so...

Milwaukee is good quality gear, If you are serious about buying so items from them they have tool vans that will come to you and let you try the stuff out, We are changing to them at work now, they let us borrow 6 tools for 2 weeks as a trial, We all where very impressed, the 12v sds and impact driver lasted well on industrial site. Worth the investment i think!!!!

I have the M12 BID 202c I got it free when I opened a Howdens account a few years back.
Use it everyday still going strong. My old Milwaukee M18 BID (1st gen) impact driver unfortunatey broke last week however it lasted 8 years had 4 sets of brushes before breaking so cant complain.

M18 Surge ID is fantastic, so much quieter than the standard ones.
Don't use the standard one now.

Excellent. I have combi, impact driver and sds, and I think they are fantastic. I also have m18 range of all which are obviously a lot more powerful as then m12 sds isnt really capable beyond 8mm or 10mm max but they are much easier to carry around and up to most jobs.

M18 Surge ID is fantastic, so much quieter than the standard ones.
Don't use the standard one now.

I’m waiting for the m12 version it’s just been realised in the us so hope it isn’t too long but depends in the new year

If it wasnt for the fact I wanted the smaller form factor, I'd be all over it

Went for this in the end with an M12/M18 quick charger - Figured that gives me voltage flexibility if I stick with Milwaukee - and a 6.0Ah battery as they were sold out of 2.0A.h

On the screwage of fixes they're doing a bare DeWalt impact driver for £49.99 since I've already got a bunch of DeWalt gear i got myself one for Xmas. I love how these things blast in screws!

If it wasnt for the fact I wanted the smaller form factor, I'd be all over it

Went for this in the end with an M12/M18 quick charger - Figured that gives me voltage flexibility if I stick with Milwaukee - and a 6.0Ah battery as they were sold out of 2.0A.h

I use the 6 Ah batteries in my M12 fuel combi and SDS. They last for days in these tools so you shouldn't be disappointed with them.
Plenty of great M12 tools in the range of you fancy sticking with the brand.

I use the 6 Ah batteries in my M12 fuel combi and SDS. They last for days in these tools so you shouldn't be disappointed with them.
Plenty of great M12 tools in the range of you fancy sticking with the brand.

I was originally going to go down the Ryobi route, means they can't get crafty with your batteries on site swapping out thier rubbish ones for your decent ones but we'll see how I get on with the ID. Next either be an SDS or combi drill, probably SDS as I'm sure an ID will do basic drilling but we'll see

My original M12 combi drill lasted about 8 years. I just plain wore it out.

Reply to Milwaukee M12 Impact Driver - Experiencies? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock