Discuss Minimum socket heights - first floor! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

If we didnt have fused plugs we couldnt use rings as its the fuse in the plug that allows us to derate from 32A to 13a if it wasnt there thenits 4mm flexes for us or the 2.5 radials and 20A MCBs with 2.5 flexes.

Sparks 1234, he pays his money he gets his choice.

So if he was drunk 99% of the time and spent the 99% of his time on the floor and wanted the sockets 30mm from ffl thats ok ! Cool that will save cable !

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a Reg in particular?

Like always its stupidly vague and hinges on definitions http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADM_2004.pdf 8.3 as you can see they have suggested a means of satisfying M1 so everyone assumes thats teh only way, it isnt... As long as you satisfy M1 you're fine.

Just because someone wrote a book doesn't mean thats how you ahve to do it.... It may not be practical to do it all from first principles but then again the regulations are always very vague.

Basic Electrical Installation Work - Google Book Search

It all hinges on the definition of a "habbitable room"

As far as i understand, on an existing installation you do not have to improve the accessibility of the socket outlets and switches however you are not allowed to make them worse.
If the new work being carried out requires building regulations then i believe that all socket outlets and switches will have to be installed between 450 and 1200mm with the exeption of the kitchen as this will be on the plans submitted to building control.

MarkSpark666
I

MarkSpark666 lets not be daft here the original query was on socket heights and if the paying customer says he wants them at a a specific height he can have them at that height. Where does the location of the sockets come into it? and would you honestly expect a spark to install a socket in your suggested location, come on now! :mad:

MarkSpark 666 lets not be daft here the original thread is on heights not locations

Last edited:

Reply to Minimum socket heights - first floor! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net