Discuss Need advice on getting work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I set up my company just over a year ago and it has been going well but in the last month or so things have been really really slow and i was wanting your advice on the best way to get larger jobs.

I tried contacting builders kitchen fitters and such 400 in all and only got a few waste of time jobs to price and i am starting to apply with councils and such for tendering contracts but what else can i do?

what are the best places for advertising or getting leads to jobs as iv tried the paper local mag's and thousands of leaflets im at a bit of a loose end.

If you've had a good first year, think yourself lucky. It can take 2-3 years during the good times to get a reputation.

Keep positive and if its that quiet get some quality leaflets done and go out delivering them.

a lot of us are in the same boat, mate. there just is not enough work to go round atr the moment. folks ain't spending on electrics when there's holidays abroad, fancy bathrooms, and too many electricians chasing the same work. i'm just thankful that i don't need full time work anymore .

I think that is the problem been talking to a few domestic electrical companies and they all went dead the last two months thats why i want to try and get into some bigger jobs im sick of scrapping about for little bits of work.

All proper sparks who mainly do domestic need to get together and banish the cash in hand cowboys out of the trade.

How?

I don't know!

But their the idiots screwing it all up.

a lot of us are in the same boat, mate. there just is not enough work to go round atr the moment. folks ain't spending on electrics when there's holidays abroad, fancy bathrooms, and too many electricians chasing the same work. i'm just thankful that i don't need full time work anymore .

I got no problem with fancy bathrooms...at £500ish a pop on wiring they bring me about 20k a year

i spent 130 on nice leaflets i posted a couple of hundred got 2 jobs that paid for the other 4800 but they work so plug in the ipod pick a nice day and go for it

ive found that when it gets time for the leaflets to come out a ccu change or a test comes up

On that note I am just starting out!
I have worked with local sparks and I concentrating on domestic only to slowly build things up! I know this will be tough and have applied with Napit I understand this is going to be a long haul and I am getting ready for the slog!

Any advice ?? Would be a great help!

On that note I am just starting out!
I have worked with local sparks and I concentrating on domestic only to slowly build things up! I know this will be tough and have applied with Napit I understand this is going to be a long haul and I am getting ready for the slog!

Any advice ?? Would be a great help!

Main bit of advice is don't expect to earn much for the first 2 to 3 years. Quality and punctuality is king.

Reply to Need advice on getting work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock