Discuss New member . Hoping to gain knowledge in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jobs not done till the paper works are complete, if he is employing sub contractors, then I would maintain that the payment of travel to and from the jobs will be down to the Sub contractors which should I imagine be reflected in the price offered to your relation, not down to him to pay them travel time and money. Note I have always worked on the books so I have never had to deal with this issue, but to me it seems more of a common sense thing, if someone agrees to do some work for me and gives me a price, that price is accepted then the Subby takes responsibility for travel cost. IMO

Jobs not done till the paper works are complete, if he is employing sub contractors, then I would maintain that the payment of travel to and from the jobs will be down to the Sub contractors which should I imagine be reflected in the price offered to your relation, not down to him to pay them travel time and money. Note I have always worked on the books so I have never had to deal with this issue, but to me it seems more of a common sense thing, if someone agrees to do some work for me and gives me a price, that price is accepted then the Subby takes responsibility for travel cost. IMO

Thank you.. if you pay hourly, would you pay for hour lunch breaks ?

An example Diydebs, I did a job recently, admittedly only a small job, I priced it on Materials + mark up + the time that I envisaged it would take me it was 40+ miles from my home, if I finished earlier than expected then that was a bonus in my favour, if it took longer, and I had to return the next day due to an oversight on my part then it was a loss for, I had to all intensive purposes entered into a verbal contract with the chap who was working for, he accepted job done, I would imagine it's similar to a sub contracting role, "how much would you charge me to do so and so, I will supply the materials" end of really may be pay him for his time in looking at the job on an hourly basis, but the rest is down to him, now look what you have done, going to get all sorts of carp from Guys and Gals who do this on a regular basis.

Reply to New member . Hoping to gain knowledge in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net