Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme - help & advice needed regarding assessment please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, first of all im new to this forum so apologies in advance for any mistakes regarding my post, just after some friendly advice.

Im looking to become an NICEIC Domestic installer and i have a few grey areas, obviously i dont want to make any silly mistakes that are going to cost me and effect my registration process which im quite nervous about, so ive got a few questions which id appreciate some help with and correction where wrong.

• I understand i need to demonstrate competence at two installations at two different properties issueing an Electrical Installation certificate and a Minor Works Certificate.
For the Electrical Installation certificate I have upgraded my consumer unit to 17th edition, I also installed a new smoke detector circuit consisting of 2 interlinked battery backup smoke detectors. Does it matter what colour EIC i use?, i was thinking green as im not yet enrolled or registered with the NICEIC? Any advice on where i can get some downloadable coooopies

• Description of installation? is the following sufficient? -
Description of installation - 'Domestic, Consumer unit replaced (under stairs on gound floor) and new smoke detector circuit consisting of 2 (1 on each landing) interlinked battery backup smoke detectors.'
Ticking both 'An addition to an existing intallation' and 'Alteration to an existing installation.' (can i tick more than one box? if not which one because the work kinda falls under 2 different catagories)

Re: NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme - help & advice needed regarding assessment plea

certs you can use are here i think

Elecsa - Useful Downloads

Ed

- - - Updated - - -

do a seperate cert for each job. Don't record both on one cert. That's my advice but I'm sure others would say something different...?

Re: NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme - help & advice needed regarding assessment plea

make sure you have all your paperwork in order. not only the EIC/s , but your PL insurance etc. have you copy of BS7671 and OSG handy. be able to demonstrate safe isolation and a couple of tests, e;g. Zs, Ze, IR, he wants to see that you are competent. you are not expected to know the regs. inside out. anything you don't know can be looked up.

If in doubt, give the NIC help line a call, then they can't argue with the advice.

nic would argue with the pope that his version of the bible was wrong.

Just had mine last week, I would do 1 cert for each job
they are not there to trick u, as a matter of fact, my assessor who I've had for the last 4 years brings some good info with them
remember they want your money!
The want to see insurance, the green copy of the regs, the nic book inspection testing and certification (green copy)
A procedure in place for complaints, instrument calibration, smoke alarm book if u do them (aico do a free good one)
download electricity at work act, just keep it on pc, they are happy that you have it
i would also download the guidance notes from the ESC, shows them you have things in place if you need more info.
And as everyone else says tea n biscuits
good luck

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme - help & advice needed regarding assessment please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net