Discuss Other Trades Persons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A plasterer seemed to follow me from job to job for weeks. He used to take some sort of pleasure in filling my boxes up with his filth, I pulled him about it and he said he'd stop but didn't.
I lost my rag one day, he'd left a wall ready for a final polish with all my boxes filled yet again so I raked my fingers all over his work looking for them. It looked like artex by the time I'd finished.
He went spare but learnt his lesson
we had some plasterers that kept trappin cables in the ceiling at this site...

eventually got hammer out and smacked through ceiling...

found my cables..

i just dont care...out comes the hammer...i dont care...

To be honest,most tradees are working lads and most issues can be sorted via banter,explanation or even a straightener...the dudes that DO infuriate are architects...not keen on being in the dirt,like the comfy gap a phone gives em',blind CAD faith,and,end any un-winnable argument with "conditions to be assessed on site..." i have reams of drawings that look great but could only be formed in a 4th dimension...

Ducters are the worst, you can never reason with them, they always need finished first, everything has to move for them and they are always rough as a badgers

ALL trades have lads who give it a bad name I have to say though over the years I've not had that many run ins with other trades and the ones I have had were usually sorted with one big bust up and then it was back to banter and having a laugh

Also divvy site agents, project managers etc that never overlay drawings or co-ordinate work properly and cause no end of hassle for all of us

One job I was on3 compartment trunking all around the office, "what height do you want it" I asked the project manager? floor level, OK bish bash bosh 34 lengths all fitted wired tested livened up, job done. Furniture arrived " Oh flip the desks have modesty screens from floor to desk top" Project Manager, er sparky can you move the trunking to Dado height? can I flip, Chippy sorted it with a jig saw

Reply to Other Trades Persons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net