Discuss Over sized switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have no problem posting my rates, why should it be an issue?, every quote gets a copy, it was on my old web site and will be on the new one.

I am unfortunately turning work away/down as I am stuffed with repeat business/refferals and direct marketing.

I feel that complete (almost) transparancy and honesty is one of the keys to my current success.

Seems to work for me anyway???

James

I have no problem posting my rates, why should it be an issue?, every quote gets a copy, it was on my old web site and will be on the new one.

I am unfortunately turning work away/down as I am stuffed with repeat business/refferals and direct marketing.

I feel that complete (almost) transparancy and honesty is one of the keys to my current success.

Seems to work for me anyway???

James

Believe me I agree completely with transparency and honesty but not all work can be priced on day rate, in most cases that's a steady wage but not a business with room to grow. But that wasn't my really my point, Iā€™m surprised because this is an open forum and as such customers can see your pricing, you can't expect customers to understand the complexities of your job, so say a customer saw your day rate, you priced it up as 7 days but it only took 5, a customer may put 2 and 2 together and equal 9. They may well feel ripped off but you can be assured they won't feel grateful if you come across problems and it takes 9 days.

I know you put your prices on your website and it works for you but I certainly couldn't operate like that. If Iā€™m designing a kitchen lets say, it could take days for me to get the design right and source the products for that design, How would I incorporate that work into a day rate? I'm sure there is work you undertake that is out of the customers view, do you not get rewarded for that time spent?
In any case iā€™m not here to start a big debate on the subject as iā€™m sure it must have been done on here a hundred times. I was just surprised thatā€™s all, donā€™t mean to cause offence

Last edited by a moderator:
And no offence taken.

Once said to a freind the only things that would offend me would be sleeping with my wife and vomiting on my carpet......Blow me down, he was sick on my carpets later that night after hitting the grouse.

Still wasnt offended!

Last edited:
Price work and day rate are completely different things and if the customer has agreed to the price then if you do it quicker = bonus and slower = stand it!

I would never work for a private customer on a day rate, day rates are for regulars only.

Reply to Over sized switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net