Discuss Please can anyone help a DIY guy? ...CH problem.... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well people, I've solved it.
I decided that if all the connections were present and correct, and that all the valves, components and so on were ok, then it must be the wiring itself. What I found was that one wire from the programmer to the wiring centre was fractured and had intermittent contact. It's the one that turned the pump and valve on when heating was called for.
SOLVED!!!!
Thank you all so much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for getting back . glad you fixed it.

If it was the diverter valve then the boiler and pump would still fire up. As they don't it has to be programmer or thermostat.

Not if there is a break in the HW off cable!

If the controller is calling for heating and not HW and only the white wire has 230v and the grey wire is not getting 230v the valve will not drive across putting 230v on the orange to fire the boiler and pump up.

Reply to Please can anyone help a DIY guy? ...CH problem.... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
Up until now I have steered clear of heating systems. I now have quite a bit of work with a builder and will be expected to deal with the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my house has an air-to-heat system that generates hot water in a boiler. This boiler is then connected to the central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock