Discuss Problem with IR/touch light switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chef Hermes

Hi Everybody,

I have several light switches in the top floor of my flat which are the touch/IR controlled dimmer switches.
After having them for 6 months they have randomly started to turn themselves on & off. At first we thought it was a conflict from TV/Wii/AV etc, but more recently they have started to turn themselves off & o when nobody else is in the room.

I was wondering if there is a quick fix or do I need to get a 'Sparky' in?

Many thanks in advance.

Could they be receiving an IR signal from another source/ flat? (Like when I turn my neighbours TV off when he's watching football). They may have a changeable IR code depending on make. Do you know the make?

The first thing I would is reset them and then resync the switches with the remotes, if they have variable settings as Drew says then they should reset to a different value and this may resolve the problem.
Also potentially worth looking at the remote and seeing if the buttons are stuck down a bit and may be just connecting.
I there is a loose connection in one of the switches then the sparking may be enough to trigger the switch. switch off the circuit and remove the switches from the wall and check the tightness of the connections and retighten / remove and replace, if necessary.

Other than that may need professional assistance to test circuits etc.

Reply to Problem with IR/touch light switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock