Discuss Pyronix alarm triggers in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have and regularly install Castle Enforcer alarms by Pyronix.

i have a question and hoping someone may know.

how can I trigger an input from a third party device, so for example how can I close a relay on another device or put a 12v feed in to an input on my alarm?

i want to be able to link my smoke alarms to my alarm basically.

i have no idea which input module or accessory I need for the alarm?

thanks

You can fit a I/O module, giving you 2 wired inputs and 2 wired outputs. The standard inputs are N/C 4k7 & 2k2 tamper

Hi Tazz,

The normally closed contact, are you saying I need to put a 4k resistor across it and then break the link with a relay or similar to trigger it?

Thanks tazz thats what I was thinking, so with it connected it will just be like a door contact closed etc I suppose, and when you remove the resistor it will trigger it.

So with my Aico relay base, I need to use the normally closed part of it to hold a relay shut which is in line with this resistor.

That was straight forward then! I should be ok programming it in, I've never tried added an I/O board but I'm sure it will be straight forward.

I presumed it would be something like this.

Thanks.

As you can see, there is a 4k7 & 2k2 in series.....the nc alarm contact shorts the 4k7 resistor, and the tamper completes the circuit. so 2k2 is normal 6k9 is alarm and oc is tamper.

oh yes I see, I was looking at it wrong,

I have the IO board in as standard, so thinking about it, I won't need to buy one.

This is the one I have. which matches the pages you sent me from the manual.

Pyronix alarm triggers castle-input-output - EletriciansForums.net

So If I take a pair of wires from COM and Z2 on the IO board, and put a resistor across it I can treat it as an input...

I don't need a tamper, so the only thing im unsure of is do I use a 2k, 4k or 6k resistor?

Looking at it, I would have thought putting a 6k resistor across it will work, then just break the circuit to trigger it?

Does that seem correct to you?

I have never tried to do this before so its kind of new to me although I'm very familiar with the alarm, adding extras on like this is not something I have done.

4k7 across the com & nc terminals on the smoke alarm and connect the 2k2 in series using connector.....now normal measures 2k2, alarm is 6k8, and bonus the cable is monitored for oc & sc faults.

Hi Tazz,

Sorry for the delay, I have drawn it out as I am not 100% sure that I follow.

I have done two options below, I have a feeling the second one is the correct one.

Option One
Pyronix alarm triggers 2015-12-29 19.30.31 - EletriciansForums.net

Option Two
I have a feeling the 2 and 4 are the wrong way round?
Pyronix alarm triggers 2015-12-29 19.32.10 - EletriciansForums.net

I really appreciate your help on this by the way :)

Ahhh ok I see, I'm over complicating it!

i just check and sure enough the Aico base is volt free.

excellent thanks! Just need to work out how to program it in now to use that input.

thank you again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Tazz,

I spoke to Pyronix today, if you were wondering, the two inputs on the internal IO board, they are positions 33 for Z1 and 34 for Z2 if you were wondering, so you just go to Change Inputs, then select them and configure as usual.

Reply to Pyronix alarm triggers in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock